• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steer clear of Monmouth reloading

D Rich

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
55   0
Reaction score
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that they should steer clear of Monmouth reloading. When I received the package from my most recent order from Monmouth reloading, it was missing a BCG. After emailing back and forth the co-owner James Tobin told me they were not going to complete the order or refund my money for the BCG. He assured me that my order was sent in full, indicating that I was lying, and that there would be no further action. The package arrived with no damage so there doesn't seem to be and USPS issue. This is the first time this kind of issue has happened to me and i would have never guessed that a company would treat return customer this bad.

I've started the dispute with my bank. Just trying to get the money back for the BCG now. The barrel was what I ordered, was the only one I could find in stock, and was considerably cheaper than anyone else. I just know now to not use them anymore.

Hmmm... I hate to hear this since I just placed my 3rd order with them. The first went fine, the second and third are on the way. Good luck getting your problem with them resolved.

I've started the dispute with my bank. Just trying to get the money back for the BCG now. The barrel was what I ordered, was the only one I could find in stock, and was considerably cheaper than anyone else. I just know now to not use them anymore.
Sure it was cheaper, cause you had to pay for for a BCG you wasn't gonna get. Add that up and the barrel cost more. Thanks for the warning. I hope you get your money back.

What's bad is that I've used them for other orders in the past and haven't had any issue. I wasn't the least bit sceptical about spending money with them before.

I have bought a number of items from them, without incident and have had several good discussions with James' other partner Jeff. Yes, they are listed as being in New Jersey but bill from Texas Brassworks out of Cibolo Texas. On both the Texas Brassworks and the Monmouth Reloading website, the following info is shown on their "About Us" web pages:

Money Back Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase, but in the event you are not, or we have made a mistake, simply email us at support@txbrassworks.com (or support@monmouthreloading.com for the Monmouth website) to receive a return authorization. Ship it back and we’ll refund your order.

I sent an email last night, letting them know that several of my additional purchases will not be placed until the OP gets a better response to his issue. May not help OP, but we are pulling for you to get this ironed out. As a minimum, you should be able to get an RMA for a full credit refund.

Back
Top Bottom