• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stop leaving guns in your cars..

Out of the last 50,000 trips to the store by members of this forum, how many have required the use of a firearm? A massive statistical unlikelihood.
Out of all the people who carry in the last 100 years, how many have had to use one? A massive statistical unlikelihood.
The why ever even carry?

As mt high school debate teacher used to say: Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is interesting, but what they hide is crucial.

(Especially relevent in today's world.)

I believe you have missed my point. There are always compromises that are taken in SD decisions.

My point was not to be prepared for the unlikely, but to be MORE prepared for the MORE likely event.

Plenty of gun owners are prepared for an event that they have a 1% chance of running into, but won't be prepared for an event that they have 10% chance of running into. Adding a miniscule amount of time to deployment of a vehicle-secured weapon vs potentially arming a criminal is a non-decision with that in mind.

I believe you have missed my point. There are always compromises that are taken in SD decisions.

My point was not to be prepared for the unlikely, but to be MORE prepared for the MORE likely event.

Plenty of gun owners are prepared for an event that they have a 1% chance of running into, but won't be prepared for an event that they have 10% chance of running into. Adding a miniscule amount of time to deployment of a vehicle-secured weapon vs potentially arming a criminal is a non-decision with that in mind.
Did u vote for Bigly for Stacy?

The most likely time to be attacjed is when entering and exiting your vehicle. By having your gun "secured," which is a myth if using a cable lock or lockbox, not only do you not have access to your weapon, you also have zero to little situational awareness as you are fiddling with your "secured" firearm. Carrying on an empty chamber is a safer idea and truly more of a "minimal time" constraint than ****ing with your "secured" firearm. And you still maintain situational awareness when racking a slide. And I won't carry on an empty chamber. Milliseconds count. Certainly seconds and minutes count.

I don't care about my vehicle. Steal it. It's insured or I have enough cash to replace it if not insured. What I do care about is the health and safety of me and mine. I will not put that in jeopardy over the potential chance of possibly maybe arming a criminal. I don't leave firearms in my vehicle if I don't have to and I certainly don't advertise that there may be something in there , but there are times when it is necessary. Lock boxes and cables are wastes of money for the low iq. If you have the tools, time and/or seclusion to break into a vehicle, you certainly have the same to get the firearm out of those jokes of products. You also have the skills and experience to do so, so this isn't their first go and it's nothing the criminal did not already have.

The most likely time to be attacjed is when entering and exiting your vehicle. By having your gun "secured," which is a myth if using a cable lock or lockbox, not only do you not have access to your weapon, you also have zero to little situational awareness as you are fiddling with your "secured" firearm. Carrying on an empty chamber is a safer idea and truly more of a "minimal time" constraint than ****ing with your "secured" firearm. And you still maintain situational awareness when racking a slide. And I won't carry on an empty chamber. Milliseconds count. Certainly seconds and minutes count.

I don't care about my vehicle. Steal it. It's insured or I have enough cash to replace it if not insured. What I do care about is the health and safety of me and mine. I will not put that in jeopardy over the potential chance of possibly maybe arming a criminal. I don't leave firearms in my vehicle if I don't have to and I certainly don't advertise that there may be something in there , but there are times when it is necessary. Lock boxes and cables are wastes of money for the low iq. If you have the tools, time and/or seclusion to break into a vehicle, you certainly have the same to get the firearm out of those jokes of products. You also have the skills and experience to do so, so this isn't their first go and it's nothing the criminal did not already have.
Mic Drop....

So in a life or death situation, where seconds, and fractions of a second count, voluntarily adding seconds to the ordeal is unwise in your estimation?
Hmmmm. Interesting. That's very confusing.... apparently.

You can throw hypotheticals out all day. This one is almost totally avoidable. Situational awareness can save from getting into a fight better than having a readily accessible weapon can save you once you're in one. It should take precedent over you trying to be able to grab your gun out of your side door panel because you couldn't risk being "slowed down" with having it stowed out of sight.

Let me make it clear I do not side with those that want them in a case or with a wire lock. But some folks seem to hate the idea of having it out of sight at all. And the excuses behind them are generally poor, reckless, and denote a lack of training.

You can throw hypotheticals out all day. This one is almost totally avoidable. Situational awareness can save from getting into a fight better than having a readily accessible weapon can save you once you're in one. It should take precedent over you trying to be able to grab your gun out of your side door panel because you couldn't risk being "slowed down" with having it stowed out of sight.

Let me make it clear I do not side with those that want them in a case or with a wire lock. But some folks seem to hate the idea of having it out of sight at all. And the excuses behind them are generally poor, reckless, and denote a lack of training.
I mean, advocating for locking your firearm is 100% lack of training and mindset. Good thing that gun will be safe from theft cable locked to your seat frame while your blood is pooling from your dead body in the middle of the parking lot.

Back
Top Bottom