Straw purchase

regardless of the circumstances, if at any time i become uncomfortable with a transaction, for any reason at all, it will be voided. i may even start posting that very phrase in my listings.

Wouldnt that only apply to dealers though, and not private sellers? I figured they just copied the wording of the federal statute on this.

Yes according to this section § 16-11-171. Definitions

As used in this part, the term:

(1) "Center" means the Georgia Crime Information Center within the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

(2) "Dealer" means any person licensed as a dealer pursuant to 18 U.S.C. Section 921, et seq., or Chapter 16 of Title 43.

It looks as though they have copied the Brady text.

Folks, do what makes you happy. If someone tells you in advance that they are not the actual buyer - go ahead and sell if you want. I do know that lawyers are expensive though and you pay them even if the charges are dropped...

I just dont get why people cant just keep their mouths shut. Most people that are buying guns for other people are only doing so with the best of intentions, but there is no need to say to the seller "oh this isnt for me" or (and some one said this to me!!!!) "I probably couldn't pas a background check.

Just say its for you, and if you so choose to then sell it later, then thats your business.

I really think most people say that type stuff because they dont think of it as anything wrong (which it isnt). But its just as simple to keep your mouth shut and buy the damn gun instead making small talk and losing it.

I just dont get why people cant just keep their mouths shut. Most people that are buying guns for other people are only doing so with the best of intentions, but there is no need to say to the seller "oh this isnt for me" or (and some one said this to me!!!!) "I probably couldn't pas a background check.

Just say its for you, and if you so choose to then sell it later, then thats your business.

I really think most people say that type stuff because they dont think of it as anything wrong (which it isnt). But its just as simple to keep your mouth shut and buy the damn gun instead making small talk and losing it.

BINGO!

If the buyer says nothing, the seller is good to go as long as the person picking up the gun is legal...

Back
Top Bottom