Straw Purchase???

Status
Not open for further replies.

2jackrussell

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
29   0
Reaction score
I have a ODT member that whats to purchase a firearm from me. The problem is he is four hours from me. I do not want to ship the gun and neither he nor I want to make the drive. He has a friend that lives near me that would pick up the firearm and keep until they can get together. I am a private individual and do not have a FFL. Would this be considered a straw purchase/sell or does this only apply to FFL holders. Neither he nor I want to break any laws. The buyer has good feedback and I have spoken with he by phone. What is do you say ODT?

My understanding of a straw sale is when someone who can LAWFULLY purchase a firearm does so for someone who can NOT lawfully purchase a firearm. As long as both of them can legally purchase and possess the gun then it sounds like 2 private transfers to me. Just an opinion, not a fact.

Technically a straw purchase is when you buy a firearm for a person who is unable to buy a firearm due to restrictions. That being said as long as you don't have knowledge of any of the parties to be felon ect you should be good.

My understanding of a straw sale is when someone who can LAWFULLY purchase a firearm does so for someone who can NOT lawfully purchase a firearm. As long as both of them can legally purchase and possess the gun then it sounds like 2 private transfers to me. Just an opinion, not a fact.

/ thread
:thumb:

Beat me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom