Subsonic, expanding 300blk by Gemtech

458 ft-lbs muzzle energy.. I think it's time to invest in some 458 SOCOM gear for some decent subsonic hunting. 500+ gr pill being lobbed at the same velocity.

458 ft-lbs muzzle energy.. I think it's time to invest in some 458 SOCOM gear for some decent subsonic hunting.

I've been pondering a 458 build..... I've done some math and talked to some people and if stabilization is fine I believe the Octane45 should be able to manage subsonic 458 form a 16" barrel.

Home defense round potential?

eh, only if you have to use subsonic, supersonic will have a better wound profile. This is really just if you want/have to have subsonic and need good terminal ballistics to kill something. Then again my HD set up is a 9mm carbine with 147gr subs, and I feel fine with that.

I've been pondering a 458 build..... I've done some math and talked to some people and if stabilization is fine I believe the Octane45 should be able to manage subsonic 458 form a 16" barrel.
I'm a bit disheartened by the fact that RRA doesn't make much in the SBR realm for 458. I'd totally go for a 10-12" upper. I wonder if it's feasible.

Back
Top Bottom