• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bolt action 300blk subsonic suppressed question

$30k a year for daycare?? Wow!! That's insane. My wife would have to start selling feet pics online to subsidize....
Tried talking my wife into that as well lol, but for now she's just got her regular job. The only "benefit" right now is that our daycare alone exceeds the standard deduction, so we get fatty refunds each year.

****ing sucks. we were at $2500 a month in Dallas texas. Was $1500 here when both kids went, but with subsidized pre-k and one in school, holy hell it's nice. I'm back to eating meat and drinking booze that comes in glass instead of plastic.

Yeah, we were paying close to $10k a year for a 4 years……felt like I got one hell of a raise when he went to kindergarten. I will say that I have no regrets sending him to that “daycare”. He was well ahead and continues to be thanks to that place.

Yeah, we were paying close to $10k a year for a 4 years……felt like I got one hell of a raise when he went to kindergarten. I will say that I have no regrets sending him to that “daycare”. He was well ahead and continues to be thanks to that place.
Agree. No ragrets, not even one letter.

Agree. No ragrets, not even one letter.
yeah, it's worth it. Plus my wife wanted to work (and earned more than we paid, plus chipping into retirement accounts, plus no 6 year gap in resume) so while expensive it's going to work out long term. Also I've noticed our kids are kicking butt with socializing and reading/writing. I work in education so put a solid emphasis on it, but not trying to pigeonhole them into it.

Thank you! I think I’ve got it narrowed down to the Hyperion or Nomad L Ti. Will probably pull the trigger on one of those before the end of the year
I’ve got both pending form 4s in the safe. If you want to physically see one before pulling he trigger, lmk :) both are excellent cans! The quicker you start, the quicker you get them :)

If you want stupid quiet with 300 blk, you'll need to reload and play with some different powders. My 220 gr subs average 1050 fps out of my 8.5" AR with Sandman L and are quieter than suppressed factory 147gr 9mm. To get there, I reamed my gas port to .125" and found the quickest burning powder that will cycle the gun while staying just below the supersonic threshold. I adjust my gas block a few turns, and get around 1900 fps with my 125gr loads, and are still quiet minus the sonic crack.

This is my 9mm hush rounds vs my 300blk rounds mentioned above. Factory subs are much louder.
mind sharing (roughly) what you are reloading for the 9mm and 300? Just about to start down the rabbit hole with the 300, and probably going to source some 165gr 9mm bullets (been using 147gr zeros so far, N320).

I've got a 247gr mold for the blackout, hopefully will start casting this winter and powder coating them for the AR. Will set the AR up for subsonic use primarily (7" Mos-Tech 1:5 barrel).

mind sharing (roughly) what you are reloading for the 9mm and 300? Just about to start down the rabbit hole with the 300, and probably going to source some 165gr 9mm bullets (been using 147gr zeros so far, N320).

I've got a 247gr mold for the blackout, hopefully will start casting this winter and powder coating them for the AR. Will set the AR up for subsonic use primarily (7" Mos-Tech 1:5 barrel).

For 9mm 147gr I use 3.5gr Titegroup. I use Lil Gun for 300 blk subs and supers. 8.5gr for 220gr subs gets me the 1050fps average. 19gr for 110-125gr supers, any more will compress the powder, and Lil Gun doesn't like that.

To be really quiet and still cycle my pistols, 3.2gr Titegroup for 147gr 9mm, and 2.7gr for 165gr 9mm. I don't load those anymore because the desire to be as quiet as possible wore off.

Back
Top Bottom