• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bolt action 300blk subsonic suppressed question

You’re welcome to try my Griffin Revolution 45 on it (great with subs on my 7.5” AR) or Mg7k once that clears. 90 days eForms my ass.

Also lemme know if you want to just sell it. I kinda want an OWL

You’re welcome to try my Griffin Revolution 45 on it (great with subs on my 7.5” AR) or Mg7k once that clears. 90 days eForms my ass.

Also lemme know if you want to just sell it. I kinda want an OWL
Yeah I would just assume a 10-12month wait at best these days to temper expectations. Where you located? I’m down to shoot it!

Have you checked out pew science? He has tested about 20 different silencers on ba 8" 300 blk and the is a good bit of difference. You can see the difference between silencers designed for subsonic and supersonic ammo.
You definitely need more volume.

I'm assuming you were shooting factory sub ammo?

Another vote for not getting full powder burn. A subsonic round (even close to 1100fps) is not going to go super in a 7.2" bbl. What does it sound like? It may subsonic velocity but not stabilizing, are you hearing baffle strikes?? Are your rounds keyholing the target?

I shoot full load .308 ammo suppressed and is still pretty quiet. No ear pro quiet easily, still get the sonic crack but it's not loud, just more high pitched. I shoot a Rugged Surge on both bolt and semi guns.

I'd recommend a chronograph. They're great, especially for subsonic shooting. OF course I load so I use it for a lot of stuff but I'd want to know what velocities I was getting...

Not sure. I don’t have a chrono. I figured at 7.2” there’s no chance they’re going super.
They aren't going super, but you also are letting in air on every stroke of the bolt...and you're not getting full powder burn. So some of the powder is burning in the can. Plus, with a rig that small, there's always going to be oxygen in the can. Not an ideal rig for being super quiet.

Also, Sig's ammo is garbage. :ranger:

I'm assuming you were shooting factory sub ammo?

Another vote for not getting full powder burn. A subsonic round (even close to 1100fps) is not going to go super in a 7.2" bbl. What does it sound like? It may subsonic velocity but not stabilizing, are you hearing baffle strikes?? Are your rounds keyholing the target?

I shoot full load .308 ammo suppressed and is still pretty quiet. No ear pro quiet easily, still get the sonic crack but it's not loud, just more high pitched. I shoot a Rugged Surge on both bolt and semi guns.

I'd recommend a chronograph. They're great, especially for subsonic shooting. OF course I load so I use it for a lot of stuff but I'd want to know what velocities I was getting...
I don't mean to hijack OP, but what chrony do you use?

What is the velocity with those rounds? I loaded my 7” to 900 fps with 220 grain and it’s pretty quiet. The same loads are 1050 fps from my 16” ruger 300blk and are also pretty quiet there. Suppressor is a rugged radiant.
Good to know. I just bought that can and have a 16 inch bolt gun that I’m putting it on.

Back
Top Bottom