• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suggestions for a good bug out rifle. What have you chosen and why?

AR15, first choice, best choice.
12 gauge pump shotgun. You can take big and small game, it will stop any person that gets close, (I wouldn't plan on getting into a long term fire fight or sniping since being gray and not seen would be the safest tactic), ammo is available at damn near every house in the country, very few parts to break, it's rugged and reliable. JMHO.
Not to mention caliber change inserts, and possibility of using flares.

12 gauge pump shotgun. You can take big and small game, it will stop any person that gets close, (I wouldn't plan on getting into a long term fire fight or sniping since being gray and not seen would be the safest tactic), ammo is available at damn near every house in the country, very few parts to break, it's rugged and reliable. JMHO.
Love my 590a1. Even have an M7 for it :)

I have had multiple AK's and AR 15's, not that I'm opposed to getting them again. I will say I'm curious as to how well an AR runs with steel case, mostly worried about stove pipes. There's also the cleanliness factor. The do like to be clean and lots of very small parts... I imagine a higher end AR is better than the cheap ones with this...
As far as an AK, I've had good luck with them, but damn do they get hot to hold when you dump a mag, lol.
I'm not opposed to pistol caliber semi auto's, although I wonder how good they really are at 30-50 yards?
It won't be long before everybody here knows me as the cheapo gun owner but I get "adequate" accuracy from a hipoint carbine. Never tried anything too long distance but I'd guesstimate 50yds acceptable combat accuracy. Give or take.

defense,survival, AR15 with a 22 bolt kit. add some angle sights for the 22 use. it will be a squirrel killer at 20 yards and you can take larger game with the 223/556. also as far as man size targets at 50 or so yards, the 22 will me close enough for practice. you wont shoot 1' groups, but you can center mass all day..

I have had multiple AK's and AR 15's, not that I'm opposed to getting them again. I will say I'm curious as to how well an AR runs with steel case, mostly worried about stove pipes. There's also the cleanliness factor. The do like to be clean and lots of very small parts... I imagine a higher end AR is better than the cheap ones with this...
As far as an AK, I've had good luck with them, but damn do they get hot to hold when you dump a mag, lol.
I'm not opposed to pistol caliber semi auto's, although I wonder how good they really are at 30-50 yards?
I run steel in mine all the time. No problem. The problem with AR reliability is greatly exaggerated. As is the reputation of reliability that the AK has. I've seen plenty of AK malfunctions.

Back
Top Bottom