• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Suicide at Bullseye in Lawerencville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup, found this thread when I was searching for any news on it.

I was there with my family purchasing when it happened. This guy came out of the range and yelled "call 911! this is not a joke!" Everyone got real quiet and they started calling, two BE employees ran in there, and everyone start rushing out. Cops showed up in about 5 minutes. They got everyone out of the store and taped up the pistol range window with targets. We were there another 20 minutes or so and left. We saw them bring him out hooked to machines, but right after it happened when the lady from BE walked by us that went in there, my wife asked if he was ok, and she gave us a deathly "no" look. His head was covered with a towel but they treated him like they were still working on him. Maybe to conceal that he was dead.

Later we went by on the way home and they were open so we went back in to complete the purchase. The guy we talked to said that they opened back up at 7 and that the police found a note in his car. He saw the guy's wife at the hospital. We assumed that he probably didn't want her to find him like that, so he did it there instead.

Im kinda surprised to hear this answer from you Mike! I agree to do such an act in that setting was unnecessary! He could have done so behind closed doors or anywhere but a gun range. Somehow I see the tabloids turning this into a gun thing and making us look bad or finding a way to make it about guns period. Just doesn't look good for those os us who have proper respect for a weapon and who use our second amendment rights properly. In saying that, I do feel for the guy cause there is no telling what he was going through or what made him do that. Maybe he thought that was the best way or perhaps he just wanted to be able to control how he went out. Idk but either way im just glad no one else was hurt in the process.
Thats my point, I hold nothing against anyone who chooses to take the fast lane out.
But do it alone where nobody but you can be harmed, its between you a god not me.
Its crap like this, that will result in gun laws being attacked again. Like the nut jobs that walk into a mickey Ds and takes out as many as he can then turning the gun on themself.
All it does is lump all legal gun owners in the same looney ben when the media gets ahold of it.
So see if you feel sorry for him when you have to go through a bunch of BS just to shoot your gun.
Not me man. It takes more gut to live than to do something like that and leave everyone there with a nice memory of you.

Some other guy said that he should have went and bought a gun on a credit card and went home to do this but he could not do that because he was not supposed to have a fire arm I hear, do they just let anyone come in and rent a gun, I hate anyone had to see that it's terrible, but if they see on there computer that this person is not able to have a gun then this would not have happened in the range!

Some other guy said that he should have went and bought a gun on a credit card and went home to do this but he could not do that because he was not supposed to have a fire arm I hear, do they just let anyone come in and rent a gun, I hate anyone had to see that it's terrible, but if they see on there computer that this person is not able to have a gun then this would not have happened in the range!

So your suggesting a background check for renting range guns?

Sup, found this thread when I was searching for any news on it.

I was there with my family purchasing when it happened. This guy came out of the range and yelled "call 911! this is not a joke!" Everyone got real quiet and they started calling, two BE employees ran in there, and everyone start rushing out. Cops showed up in about 5 minutes. They got everyone out of the store and taped up the pistol range window with targets. We were there another 20 minutes or so and left. We saw them bring him out hooked to machines, but right after it happened when the lady from BE walked by us that went in there, my wife asked if he was ok, and she gave us a deathly "no" look. His head was covered with a towel but they treated him like they were still working on him. Maybe to conceal that he was dead.

Later we went by on the way home and they were open so we went back in to complete the purchase. The guy we talked to said that they opened back up at 7 and that the police found a note in his car. He saw the guy's wife at the hospital. We assumed that he probably didn't want her to find him like that, so he did it there instead.

this ^^^ pretty much sums it up.
Yeah CCW I was there, helped get everyone elses belongings out of the range. I held a target in front of me when I walked around him, I saw enough, I didn't want to see anymore. It was not something I ever want to see again. He was there for quite a while before it happened. You get a sick feeling in your gut, then you wonder what could have driven someone to that point. He was pretty young, probably in his 20's. I've got 3 kids, 19, 21 & 23, that was someones kid, such a waste of life.

Some other guy said that he should have went and bought a gun on a credit card and went home to do this but he could not do that because he was not supposed to have a fire arm I hear

I'd like to know your source. I know the people at BE pretty well and that's never been said.

this is nothing new. i used to BS with the staff (when i could actually get someone to talk to me) and in between stories of other staff members having ND all the time (dont know about now since management has changed) they were telling me they have an average of atleast 1 suicide per year in that range. one guy told me ever inch of the shooters line has been sprayed with blood. now thats just hear say but to be honest it is about the most well known range in gwinnett so i think it would be a hot spot for that.

There has been 1 other event like this is the ranges history and from what I was told it was several years ago. The same people own that have always owned it. Whoever told you that is just talking.

So your suggesting a background check for renting range guns?

That wouldn't do any good unless they were criminals or had a state or federally registered history of mental illness. If someone is determined to do something like this, you're not going to be able to stop them with a questionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom