• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Suicide at Bullseye in Lawerencville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup, found this thread when I was searching for any news on it.

I was there with my family purchasing when it happened. This guy came out of the range and yelled "call 911! this is not a joke!" Everyone got real quiet and they started calling, two BE employees ran in there, and everyone start rushing out. Cops showed up in about 5 minutes. They got everyone out of the store and taped up the pistol range window with targets. We were there another 20 minutes or so and left. We saw them bring him out hooked to machines, but right after it happened when the lady from BE walked by us that went in there, my wife asked if he was ok, and she gave us a deathly "no" look. His head was covered with a towel but they treated him like they were still working on him. Maybe to conceal that he was dead.

Later we went by on the way home and they were open so we went back in to complete the purchase. The guy we talked to said that they opened back up at 7 and that the police found a note in his car. He saw the guy's wife at the hospital. We assumed that he probably didn't want her to find him like that, so he did it there instead.

Thanks for the post and welcome to the ODT.

Prayers sent for the young guys wife and family. Gonna be a long and tough time ahead for them.

Thats bad buisness all the way around. My uncle commited suicide when I was younger and I was the one who found him. That is an image that never leaves you so I really feel bad for those involved. Laws and counter measures such as the ones mentioned above are simply put their to passify those who need structure in their lives, just as padlocks and alarms only keep out the honest guys. The doctor told my family that all you can do is help him but if someone chooses to kill themselves they will find away an nobody will know until they have done it. Unfortunatlly this is true.

It ain't gonna be said, or hold up, mabey they didn't know because aperantley it's like getting bolwing shoes and they don't check, are you kidding me! If you don't own a dam gun you dont need to be at a range, if you wanna test different guns then I think you should have to show your atleast a owner of one, serious archery shooters don't rent bows, I know cause I am one,I got my sources and there right in the bullseye, this guy was not supposed to be close to a firearm,come on folks if you don't walk in the range with a case, your not that serious, let's watch these people close at first! Oh and the other dude is right it want stop the suicide but it will in the range and it will keep other gun owners from getting bad names!

I've tried to stay out of this TRAGEDY but this talk of background checks to rent guns and the notion of having to own a gun to rent one is just nonsense. So if i walk in with a case I'm a "serious" gun owner. I frequent another local range and know that rentals often turn into sales. Furthermore we all had to start out with no gun to begin with so a rental might have been in anyone's past. I have been to Bullseye on my lunch hour and rented something because I didn't have my range bag with me, should I have been flagged as a risk ? Bottom line is a troubled soul walked in and did the unthinkable may he rest in peace, but it is not the range owner's fault nor responsibility !

I found this forum looking for the news story. I am the next door neighbor to the gentlman that was involved. I have known him for quite a while and was a stand up guy and the father of two children. I have seen people in this forum take this and turn it around. It is a terrible situtation, and as a fellow gun owner and frequent flyer to BE I do feel sorry that the business and customers were involved. The statement that you never really know what someone is going through rings very true in that situtation. It totally floored us that knew him well and still scratch my head on why he didnt reach out to someone for help. He was facing charges of vehicular homicide from where his brakes failed on his work van and ran a light and killed and elderly couple. This was weighing on him very deeply and had a huge burden for the family. I know its easy to sit around and pass judgement because I am guilty myself, but when you do just remember that you never truely know what is going on with someone. Love people dont tear them down. He was survived by his wife and children. One 6 year old girl and a 15 year old special needs son. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends brother. May God have mercy on your soul brother, you will be missed.

I found this forum looking for the news story. I am the next door neighbor to the gentlman that was involved. I have known him for quite a while and was a stand up guy and the father of two children. I have seen people in this forum take this and turn it around. It is a terrible situtation, and as a fellow gun owner and frequent flyer to BE I do feel sorry that the business and customers were involved. The statement that you never really know what someone is going through rings very true in that situtation. It totally floored us that knew him well and still scratch my head on why he didnt reach out to someone for help. He was facing charges of vehicular homicide from where his brakes failed on his work van and ran a light and killed and elderly couple. This was weighing on him very deeply and had a huge burden for the family. I know its easy to sit around and pass judgement because I am guilty myself, but when you do just remember that you never truely know what is going on with someone. Love people dont tear them down. He was survived by his wife and children. One 6 year old girl and a 15 year old special needs son. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends brother. May God have mercy on your soul brother, you will be missed.

Mike thanks for the explanation. I didn't really want to post on this thread simply because death is different to each individual. Seeing death many times myself as an enlisted man. I tend to be very different on the subject regardless of the manner he did it in either at home or at a range. The solid point is someone lost a son a husband and a father. I don't believe he should have done it where he did. But with that being said and before your quick to talk **** about it. Lets remember our respect for this mans family.

I've tried to stay out of this TRAGEDY but this talk of background checks to rent guns and the notion of having to own a gun to rent one is just nonsense. So if i walk in with a case I'm a "serious" gun owner. I frequent another local range and know that rentals often turn into sales. Furthermore we all had to start out with no gun to begin with so a rental might have been in anyone's past. I have been to Bullseye on my lunch hour and rented something because I didn't have my range bag with me, should I have been flagged as a risk ? Bottom line is a troubled soul walked in and did the unthinkable may he rest in peace, but it is not the range owner's fault nor responsibility !

^^

That'll fix it! Just like putting the Sudafed behind the counter at CVS has cleared up that meth problem we used to have. And how making marijuana illegal has stopped people from using THAT stuff. And how making the legal drinking age 21 has gotten all those beers out of the hands of high school kids....
This^^^

It ain't gonna be said, or hold up, mabey they didn't know because aperantley it's like getting bolwing shoes and they don't check, are you kidding me! If you don't own a dam gun you dont need to be at a range, if you wanna test different guns then I think you should have to show your atleast a owner of one, serious archery shooters don't rent bows, I know cause I am one,I got my sources and there right in the bullseye, this guy was not supposed to be close to a firearm,come on folks if you don't walk in the range with a case, your not that serious, let's watch these people close at first! Oh and the other dude is right it want stop the suicide but it will in the range and it will keep other gun owners from getting bad names!
Stupid post^^^

Mike thanks for the explanation. I didn't really want to post on this thread simply because death is different to each individual. Seeing death many times myself as an enlisted man. I tend to be very different on the subject regardless of the manner he did it in either at home or at a range. The solid point is someone lost a son a husband and a father. I don't believe he should have done it where he did. But with that being said and before your quick to talk **** about it. Lets remember our respect for this mans family.
Well said ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom