• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor for 5.56

OSS Helix 556 is 140db at the muzzle 138db at the ear. As stated, short barrel's are bad for suppression purposes, unless its .300BLK. I recommend the Surefire Socom 556 RC2-SB as its best suited for SBR use as it has a better blast baffle to deal with the shorter barrel. The regular SOCOM RC2 is rated down to 11.5 if I remember correctly, but I would take advantage of the better blast baffle in the SB model. I would look into the TBAC Dominus SR also. Hood886 Hood886 has one and I think he said it was fine at the ear. As far as blowback is concerned, the OSS Helix will be your friend in that department. If you plan on running mostly suppressed, I'd run a better suited size gas port to help with better performance or run an AGB. If you can find one, Gemtech made a adjustable bolt carrier group that could be switched to suppressed mode to reduce blowback. Or if you're really bad, you can acquire a LANTAC E-BCG and really stand out. I also bought a Gas Buster charging handle that helps divert blowback. Be prepared to spend some coins...

I've got a dominus, it's stupid light and full auto rated. To my knowledge it's the only can its size and weight that's full auto down to 10 inch barrel. One of the reasons I went with it. Blow back isn't bad at all. I've heard and played with many many suppressors. Imo for a 5.56 no suppressor is hearing safe at my right ear. Every single one will cause my right ear to ring. Im certain this is due to the bullet crack but regardless I wouldn't plan to get it to shoot with no ears. That being said my criteria is weight, durability, sound reduction in that order. I'd be happy to let you shoot the dominus if you'd like. Just bring ammo.

Take this for what it's worth, but my Sandman L on my 11.5" 5.56 is not hearing safe, and that is a ~9" long can. On my 8" 300 blk with supers, sounds great and doesn't hurt my ears at all. With subs it sounds just like my suppressed 9mm hosts.

If I were in the market for a 5.56 can, I'd go YHM Turbo T2. All the reviews I've read/watched point to it being an awesome performer. But you're still going to wear ear pro.

Back
Top Bottom