• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

sweet potato Pie and hush my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is murder because the threat had been stopped. Still though I don't think the guy should spend one day in prison. All three of the hoodrats should be killed a slow and tormenting death but that was not for the pharmascist to decide. He should have stopped the threat and called 911.

It is murder because the threat had been stopped. Still though I don't think the guy should spend one day in prison. All three of the hoodrats should be killed a slow and tormenting death but that was not for the pharmascist to decide. He should have stopped the threat and called 911.

Adrenaline......maybe he was crawling for a gun..........We hear all the time about how people in high stress situations can't simply turn it off.

Adrenaline......maybe he was crawling for a gun..........We hear all the time about how people in high stress situations can't simply turn it off.
I remember when I was younger and used to fight alot. Once the adrenaline kicked in it was hard to stop.Has there been aseries of robberies on his establishment in the past? Nobody has even mentioned the fact that he saved the lives of the other employees behind the counter. Let him go and call it a learning experience for all involved. One less uneducated thug on welfare. One more hero in my book. I would be grateful for his actions had it been my wife and children in the pharmacy.

Well, that's what the whole premise behind self defense is, isn't it? At least under certain circumstances, anyway.

As others have said, the problem here is that the threat has ended. The authority to kill someone, which the legal concepts of self defense grant to us all, comes with tremendous responsibility, as does any right. It is not justification for murder or vengeance. It's not the authority to kill someone simply because you suspect, or even know, that they will be a drain on society later on. The right to self defense means that when you feel threatened, you do whatever you are able to remove that threat. The threat was removed, anything else is not, by definition, "self defense".

The premise to self defense is stopping a threat to yourself or others. If the BG dies in the process it is a side effect. One of the first things I teach my students is that the purpose of a weapon for self defense is to stop the threat, not kill someone. A .22 will kill, but it sucks as a self defense weapon.

It's hard to see on the video the shooting while the perp was down, he's out of the picture. It would have looked better if when he came back in, he picked up the phone to dial 911. Looks like he walked over to the counter and reloaded.

Wonder if the perp on the ground had a gun?

Anyone else pick up the other perp who ran? He was the one dancing around waving the gun. When the lead started flying, he was out of there.

Nope. No gun!

Do any of you remember a recent video of cops shooting some dude in a car over Memorial Day in South Beach? That was overkill. How is this really any different except there were probably 15 cops and they all fired until they were empty. I'm just saying. Did the pharmacist kill the dude? O yeah he did. Should the guy be sent to prison for life? NO.

Give me a break! The cops in South Beach were stopping an immediate threat and they all fired at the same time. What were they supposed to do? Assume that someone else would shoot? I can see it now. The BG aims his gun and shoots a couple of cops before they open fire. Afterwards the cops are looking at each other saying "I thought you were going to shoot him". Right. They also did not reload their weapons, walk over to the BG and empty another mag into him like the pharmacist did.

Last edited:

There was no gun and the idea that it was OK because he couldn't turn off the adrenalin is weak and would justify all kinds of unacceptable behavior. Sure, when the adrenalin is pumping you may make a bad decision, but their are limits. When the pharmacist walked back into the store, went to the counter, reloaded, walked over to the BG and THEN shot him five more times it was clearly no longer adrenalin interfering with his decision making process. He had decided the guy should die, so he killed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom