• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

sweet potato Pie and hush my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I was younger and used to fight alot. Once the adrenaline kicked in it was hard to stop.Has there been aseries of robberies on his establishment in the past? Nobody has even mentioned the fact that he saved the lives of the other employees behind the counter. Let him go and call it a learning experience for all involved. One less uneducated thug on welfare. One more hero in my book. I would be grateful for his actions had it been my wife and children in the pharmacy.

I am with Rebel here. We can all sit back and watch that video and Monday morning quarterback this thing to death but we were not there. Our hearts were not the ones pounding out of our chests and our hands shaking like crazy and I am thankful I have never had to make the decisions this guy made. Some people can become pretty fierce when you box them in and threaten their life. Fear does strange things to people. I am not saying what this guy did was right. What I am saying is at that point in time maybe that guy did what he felt like he needed to do to survive. I think the charge of murder is a little harsh.

The armed robbers put him in that position. I find no fault on the pharmacists part. You cannot tell from the video; the robber may have been reaching for something after he went down.

I noticed that the judge has not lifted the gag order... does the judge anticipates a successful appeal?

**** THAT!!!! What the hell is wrong with this country's justice system?!??!?!?!? Those ignorant bastards were robbing him and probably would have killed him or an employee if they had a chance. I say if you are robbing with a gun on law abiding victim and get shot and die in the process. So be it!!! You don't deserve to live!!! Apparently the business owner shot him because he was still a t threat. To me this is a open and shut case. Robber was robbing and got shot and was laying on the floor talking ****... I hope those fools on the jury get robbed so they can see what this man went through... Ignorant selfish fools!!! I stand behind the business owner!! WE NEED TO PROTEST THIS JUDGES DECISSION!!!

Last edited:
**** THAT!!!! What the hell is wrong with this country's justice system?!??!?!?!? Those ignorant bastards were robbing him and probably would have killed him or an employee if they had a chance. I say if you are robbing with a gun on law abiding victim and get shot and die in the process. So be it!!! You don't deserve to live!!! Apparently the business owner shot him because he was still a t threat. To me this is a open and shut case. Robber was robbing and got shot and was laying on the floor talking ****... I hope those fools on the jury get robbed so they can see what this man went through... Ignorant selfish fools!!! I stand behind the business owner!! WE NEED TO PROTEST THIS JUDGES DECISSION!!!

It's not the judge's decision. it was trial by jury. the judge is maintaining the gag order; presumably so that he can get a fair appeal. it sounds to me like the judge is a little shocked by the jury's decision.

insane - he will get out on appeal i would guess. Perhaps little poor little Antwun shouldn't be performing armed robberies if he didn't want to end up dead. You can't see what is going on after he went down. Was he reaching for something?

From this post I'm sure you have not seen the video. Watch it and then get back to us. The dead guy did not have a gun, the incident was over and he was no longer in the process of trying to rob the place and he was most definitely no longer a threat. The pharmacist walked over to him after everything was over and executed him while he was lying on the floor.

@ Bear44

A. I never said it was okay. Do I think what he did was wrong? Yeah. Life in jail? NO.
B. I simply asked if maybe he was not in total control having so much adrenaline. Here I would have shoot 3 times before changing targets, I think he originally only shot once.
C. So you are telling me all those cops in South Beach starting firing ALL at the same time (and continued shooting) because they didn't know if their fellow officers were going to shoot? We all know ALL the cops shot until their mags were empty to ensure the dude was dead. Granted they did come back after and shoot more. HOWEVER I do think it was a hair excessive. Crossfire? Richocet? Safety concerns?.

Basic training in self defense. Once you start shooting, keep shooting until you are absolutely sure the person is no longer a threat. You typically will come to that conclusion during a magazine change. Those police officers did exactly the right thing and what they had been trained to do.

During several of the exercises I teach I'm aggressively asking my student "DID YOU WIN?!" as they are doing a reload and scanning for secondary threats. They have just emptied a mag into a close range threat as rapidly as they can pull the trigger. If you're in a gun fight you damned well better win it. Second place is a b**ch. I would never expect a LEO to fire a couple of rounds and then evaluate their effect to see if it was enough. That's stupid and dangerous.

Ideal world:

Pharmacist: "He was bleeding to death and was clearly in immense pain. I knew that an ambulance wouldn't arrive in time to save him. I shot him again in order to end his suffering. I wanted him to die in a humane fashion with little suffering. I shot him 5 more times so that I could know for certain that he was dead and was no longer suffering. It was all out of pity and mercy. I didn't want to take his life, but I just couldn't bear to see him suffering like that."

Jury: "Not guilty. Furthermore, we feel this pharmacist should have a hospital named after him for his merciful deed of ending the suffering of his would-be assailant. He deserves a commendation, not a prison sentence."

Real world:

We the jury see no reason why any citizen should own a gun for self-defense. We detest the idea of someone taking a stand and fighting back against the dregs of society. We would rather see this criminal rehabilitated and cared for for the rest of his life on tax-payer money than see him buried in a hole not costing the tax payers one red cent. Furthermore, let this be a lesson to all "law-abiding" citizens who think you have the right to protect yourself - you don't. We will convict you of murder if you kill some low-life, bottom-feeding scum who is in the process of robbing you at gun point.

Ideal world:

Pharmacist: "He was bleeding to death and was clearly in immense pain. I knew that an ambulance wouldn't arrive in time to save him. I shot him again in order to end his suffering. I wanted him to die in a humane fashion with little suffering. I shot him 5 more times so that I could know for certain that he was dead and was no longer suffering. It was all out of pity and mercy. I didn't want to take his life, but I just couldn't bear to see him suffering like that."

Jury: "Not guilty. Furthermore, we feel this pharmacist should have a hospital named after him for his merciful deed of ending the suffering of his would-be assailant. He deserves a commendation, not a prison sentence."

Real world:

We the jury see no reason why any citizen should own a gun for self-defense. We detest the idea of someone taking a stand and fighting back against the dregs of society. We would rather see this criminal rehabilitated and cared for for the rest of his life on tax-payer money than see him buried in a hole not costing the tax payers one red cent. Furthermore, let this be a lesson to all "law-abiding" citizens who think you have the right to protect yourself - you don't. We will convict you of murder if you kill some low-life, bottom-feeding scum who is in the process of robbing you at gun point.

With all due respect, Jeep, this is a load of crap. He executed an unarmed man while he lay helpless and wounded on the floor. How is this self defense?!

If you think this was justified than YOU are the anti gunners best argument against the right to carry a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom