• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tactacam Reveal.....It works

shotgun 01

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
I wasn't sure whether to put this in hunting or gear reviews. I have been running game cameras since the days of 35 mm film cameras. Over the years, I have had countless digital cameras, some good and some not so good. So, naturally, I had to try the cell based cameras.

Our farm is in really rural Hancock County, and the only cell that somewhat works is Verizon. Last year, a friend let me use his Spartan Verizon camera for a couple of months. It did a pretty decent job, but still had some places that it wouldn't transmit from. This year I decided to buy a Spypoint Link Dark-V, as I had read good reviews on Trailcampro.com and others. I thought a $349.00 camera should work pretty well. About half the places that we checked signal would not send, so I bought the overpriced $80.00 booster antenna. Well, we picked up one bar of signal, and added a couple of places that it would work. The camera works and sends, but I'm limited to where I can use it, and I have to haul a 12' pole for the antenna.

A few weeks ago I got the Bass Pro flyer and saw the Tactacam Reveal. As I started researching it, I found countless rave reviews. People couldn't believe a $100.00 camera could work so well, and with 24mp picture quality, to the disk. So, I bought one last week and took it to my farm. We drove all over the property, and EVERWHERE we went, it had 4 or 5 bars of 4g service, except for one place. It took about 20 to 30 seconds to pick up the service, and pictures would transmit in about two minutes. We were so impressed that we ordered another one that evening. Went to order a third last night, and they are sold out. Definitely the most dependable cell camera that I have had the pleasure to use. As with any new product, there are a few minor glitches, but the customer service is incredible, and they are already working on updates. Going to be a fun season.

Anybody else used one?

Here ya go!

0c3bd4a7-2f3c-4f03-8298-e641b480a869.jpg
7e6c8f07-4941-4634-a720-4d0277af2a02.jpg
a9b70fd8-ab12-49b8-824b-7b441fbee7ba.jpg
cc256217-d2eb-41f7-bcc6-fdc693d64aa9.jpg

What kind of cell service plan are you using? If the thing lasts, for that price I'd definitely try one.
Verizon. It's about all that halfway works where we are. The data plans are pretty reasonable, and you get a little discount for each camera that is added, after the first one. I'll probably run the unlimited data until January, and then roll them back to 250 pics a month for $5.00, and use them as security cams on our barn.

Verizon. It's about all that halfway works where we are. The data plans are pretty reasonable, and you get a little discount for each camera that is added, after the first one. I'll probably run the unlimited data until January, and then roll them back to 250 pics a month for $5.00, and use them as security cams on our barn.
Yeah I've got really spotty service where I'd like to try it but your review sounds promising.

Back
Top Bottom