• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Target Oppertunity : Statesboro Ga gun store

georgiabow

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
44   0
Reaction score
i have never in my life had an experience in a gun store like i had today. this is the first time, in all my years of open carry, that anyone has ever even so much as said a word about me carrying into a business. it seems odd to me that a gun store would not support a persons second amendment right to self defense. with this being said, i cannot support an anti-2a gun store.

i was told that if i was carrying a firearm to leave the store and come back without my firearm. this is while i had an item in my hands and was about to purchase the item. i immediately placed the item on the counter and calmly said "ill just be on my way then. i go no where without my firearm, and support no-one who doesnt respect my right to self defense".

once i was back in my vehicle, the hypocrisy of the situation truly sank in, and i carefully scanned the face of the building looking for any sort of OBAMA paraphernalia.

needless to say, they do not have to worry about me carrying in their business anymore, or ever walking in the door again, firearm or not.

I can understand them not wanting loaded guns in their shop because they don't know anything about you and let's face it in this day and time they don't know when they will be robbed and or an idiot with a loaded gun and accidents happen. Lots of gun stores that I know of don't want any loaded guns in the store unless it's an employee for safety reasons. I don't agree with it but I do understand it. I also understand your stance on the matter as well! Just playing both sides I guess lol

i prefer to carry concealed for the same reasons. i have been in many gun stores, one even had to buzz you in that is located in barnesville, ga. that had no loaded firearms past this point signs. the signs are just like the one on the window at our local huddle house, they have no legal effect. i prefer to not have a problem with the store staff, so if i try to hide it, they should try to ignore it if noticed. my local gun store, section 8 tactial in jackson, ga, could not care less. i have been in there with multiple guns to buy holsters for. i think nicalous would think you were strange if you were not carrying. i did have an odd look in the store a few weeks ago from a young county deputy. i was in there with a new xds45 that i had bought the day before and was carrying it in a glock 26 galco holster. i went back and pickup up a springfield galco and took it up to the counter and asked nicalous if i could open it and try it out. he said of course. so i opened the pack, pulled up my shirt and pulled out the .45 and inserted into the holster to check the fit. the uniformed deputy was standing at the register checking out and i noticed he turned 3 shaded of white when he saw the gun. he never said a word, but made eye contact in a very disapproving matter. the owner never missed a beat and i reholstered the weapon. the officer seemed a little jumpy checking out. the gun was condition 1. if i can't carry a product that i buy in a store back into the store without a hassle, i would find another place to spend money.

Last edited:
It's business. If they allow people to open carry loaded firearms and there is an accident they are liable and their insurance liability is huge. If there rules are "no one carrys a loaded weapon" into the store their insurance is much cheaper.

If I had a business firearm related or not and it cost $15000 a year for liability insurance or $7000 a year if I post signs not allowing loaded firearms, unless I am already rich I may just post a sign.

i prefer to carry concealed for the same reasons. i have been in many gun stores, one even had to buzz you in that is located in barnesville, ga. that had no loaded firearms past this point signs. the signs are just like the one on the window at our local huddle house, they have no legal effect. i prefer to not have a problem with the store staff, so if i try to hide it, they should try to ignore it if noticed. my local gun store, section 8 tactial in jackson, ga, could not care less. i have been in there with multiple guns to buy holsters for. i think nicalous would think you were strange if you were not carrying. i did have an odd look in the store a few weeks ago from a young county deputy. i was in there with a new xds45 that i had bought the day before and was carrying it in a glock 26 galco holster. i went back and pickup up a springfield galco and took it up to the counter and asked nicalous if i could open it and try it out. he said of course. so i opened the pack, pulled up my shirt and pulled out the .45 and inserted into the holster to check the fit. the uniformed deputy was standing at the register checking out and i noticed he turned 3 shaded of white when he saw the gun. he never said a word, but made eye contact in a very disapproving matter. the owner never missed a beat and i reholstered the weapon. the officer seemed a little jumpy checking out. the gun was condition 1. if i can't carry a product that i buy in a store back into the store without a hassle, i would find another place to spend money.

Did you unload the weapon while you were test fitting the holster? If not then I don't blame him as I'd be nervous if I knew there was a possible loaded weapon being thrust and tugged around in a holster nearby. Especially after watching some guy just pull it out and start testing fitting without first seeing him clear the weapon.

Last edited:
i don't fault them for posting the signs for liability reasons, but if i have my shirt over it and they happen to notice, then they should let it go. i can see where open carry may be a different issue for insurance purposes.

I prefer to carry openly at a gun store or range for these same reasons. Let the cockroaches show themselves. As long as I keep my firearm holstered, how is it any more dangerous than a holstered gun with a shirt over it?

There are a few local shops that I frequent that have never said a word about carrying a firearm in a place that sells them. On the other hand, I have also found a few close to me that have policies that support the liberal agenda.....I don't spend my money there.

Back
Top Bottom