• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tats, sleeves, socks, why the whole body covering attraction

This does not apply to everyone, I know people who work hard, pay for their tats, that’s their business as far as I’m concerned. But for some, somehow Maslow’s hierarchy has gotten turned upside down where seeking self-actualization has taken precedence over all else. People often expect their basic needs to be met by society as somehow owed to them while they Have the luxury of spending their time and resources on self indulgence. Anyone faulting them for this or failing to desire to contribute is mean spirited and bigoted. The same people are spending 4 years in college, not working, not learning anything that has a market value, then expecting someone to forgive their debt and pick up their bar tab.

I really don’t care what other folks do. I’m happily married so I don’t care what other chicks do. My sons are grown men and need to make their own decisions. My advice to them has been to consider getting tattoos in a location where it won’t affect job opportunities.

All that being said, I’ve seen many more ugly tattoos than nice ones

.......and it’s Trump’s fault he can’t get a job.......

View attachment 2267839
Screenshot_20190708-080112_Chrome.jpg

I haven't even read the whole thread after the first day but the topic is fascinating. So many different levels of "opinion" on it. Personally? I don't judge anyone's character, judgement or intellect based on visible tattoos, I just don't think they make anyone more attractive. I doubt most folks that get a tatt care a whit about improving their appearance by getting inked, so that's likely not the reason they get them. So, from my own point of view, my opinion means **** all.

Do yo thang. I've worked for a Fortune 500 tech company for almost 23 years and some of the brighter engineers have sleeves. Never thought less of them for it.

And for the guys saying that their kids can't get them - let me know how that works out.

Once they are adults they can make their own choices. Heck all my son wanted was a tat for his 18th birthday. And that is what he got and I got one the same day. I also have matching tats with both my son and daughter. Again to each their own.

OK, we're getting off getting off topic, Tats, are fine, the intended subject here was, "Current affliction and attraction with covering as much of ones body with tats as the paycheck allows."
no intent to flame or "offend" anyone, just opinions on "covering, etc, etc", and even then its their choice, just hope its not causing financial priority issues.
modified pit manver.gif

Back
Top Bottom