• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

@tazz and I are discussing Brunswick Stew...

My brother has a recipe that uses a pork shoulder and a chicken and who knows what else. But it was the best I've had. He only made it once because it's so labor-intensive and it made a few GALLONS. Lol...

I smoked a Boston butt and a couple chickens when I made mine. It was damn good. Now you all have me thinking about busting out the smoker.

Made 156 quarts 2 weeks ago.
Have absolutely none left
IMG_0427.JPG

I kinda like Sprayberry's BBQ except it's too expensive but last time we went the stew was like soup. I'd like to try some of your families stew if you were able to swipe me a bowl or two next time some gets made. It sounds really good.

Someone told me yesterday that Sprayberrys is now using Walkers stew.

I don't know that to be a fact , an prolly won't ever find out ....lol

The guy that sells bbq on pine road ,near the fairgrounds ,also uses Walker stew.

Right!?! I think his has 3 meats also. I also think he uses a stick blender to blend up some lima beans to use as a thickening agent. I'm sure any good recipe is expensive because all the ingredients! Now y'all got me wanting some Brunswick Stew!
No Friggen Lima Beans!

I kinda like Sprayberry's BBQ except it's too expensive but last time we went the stew was like soup. I'd like to try some of your families stew if you were able to swipe me a bowl or two next time some gets made. It sounds really good.
Sprayberrys has good stew, and thats the recipe my dad used to make as he went through school with one of the boys. And yeah their prices have gotten silly but dang the picles are good!

Try Open Air BBQ in Jackson. Very similar to Sprayberrys yet different...in a good way.

Back
Top Bottom