Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife was with GA Farm Bureau for years. Then in 06 another Farm Bureau customer t boned her in Macon. Those bastards actually tried to tell me that when one of their customers hits another one it kinda cancels everything out and they don't have to pay anyone. Yeah...Bull****! But the auto body business has gotten HMOed in recent years. Every insurance company has their "Preferred Collision Centers" that they want you to take your car to. They are doing all they can to get away from the days when they wrote YOU a check for the damage.
Anyway, you should call YOUR company's adjustor and get a claim filed with them. Then they will get your car fixed ( or totaled ) depending on the damage versus the market value. After that it aint on you anymore. YOUR insurance company will deal with the girl that hit you.

My wife was with GA Farm Bureau for years. Then in 06 another Farm Bureau customer t boned her in Macon. Those bastards actually tried to tell me that when one of their customers hits another one it kinda cancels everything out and they don't have to pay anyone. Yeah...Bull****! But the auto body business has gotten HMOed in recent years. Every insurance company has their "Preferred Collision Centers" that they want you to take your car to. They are doing all they can to get away from the days when they wrote YOU a check for the damage.
Anyway, you should call YOUR company's adjustor and get a claim filed with them. Then they will get your car fixed ( or totaled ) depending on the damage versus the market value. After that it aint on you anymore. YOUR insurance company will deal with the girl that hit you.

That's exactly what I mean't! We had Farm Bureau also, they told us every lie in the book and took almost two months of phone calls and office visits before they payed. I think they see it as a challenge, to try and avoid paying claims. It's either that or the adjusters have some sort of incentive to not pay or pay out less.

It happens all the time, and happened to me twice. I have gone to the tactic of calling the person involved and let them know that if they do not do the "right thing" I will be forced to bring multiple law suites against them for damages to my car, lost wages, emotional distress, cost of attorneys, etc... I let them know I am willing to drag them into court everyday for the next few years if need be and in the end my attorneys will run them through the ringer and that I am committed to doing this on principle alone! We will also pursue discussions to bring charges about false statements to the police (if they try to deny things, as happened on one of these occasions). Or I tell them you can call your insurance company and end this today... your choice. Luckily we have an attorney in the family and this is not a bluff. Both times I received phone calls from the insurance company within 30 minutes saying everything is straightened out and they will have an adjuster out as soon as possible...

Call you agent,They can and will get it straighten out, The next call I would make would be to the insurance commissioners office downtown and file a complaint on State Farm for their tactics......

when a family member was in a similar situation I decided to file a claim using our insurance, which went after the other company and paid us for the totaled car and other things. Even then I'd recommend you get an attorney especially if you have any injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom