• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
45ACP and 1911's were the hand gun's of the boomer's parents and grandparents.
I have many different handguns and calibers (except .40 Short & Weak), still say if I knew I was going to be in a gunfight my go to would be my battered old Government model 1911.
But I pre-date the boomer generation, so there’s that. The 1911 was relatively new technology, still waiting to win WW2 when I was born.

For me it's 9mm and 380.

Had a double stack 45 and enjoyed shooting it, but decided to focus just on the ones I can conceal and carry easily.

Nothing wrong with a 1911 45ACP (or 9mm), but I'd prefer a smaller DA/SA for carry.

45ACP and 1911's were the hand gun's and round of choice of the boomer's parents and grandparents.
We should probably think about replacing the Ma Deuce and the B52s because they are old technology/boomer weapons.
The truth is that handguns are anemic, generally poor killers and people who argue about one caliber being better than the other have way too much time on their hands.
I don't think that's logical reasoning. The conclusion "there's no difference in the performance of conventional handgun chamberings" doesn't logically follow the premise "handguns are not as ballistically effective as rifles and shotguns." Even if both pail in comparison to long guns, there can still be meaningful ballistic differences between 9 and 45.

Back
Top Bottom