• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

the builds have begun (update)

I know a guy who's had a bushy carbon 15 for a long time and claims it's been fine and is used regularly like his other ARs :noidea: I know it was super light
My PTAC upper is very tight in my TNARMS lower. First few times I broke it down I had to tap the rear pin pretty good to get it started.

What BCG did you go with?
I haven't picked one out so far. I have tried Fail Zero before with decent results, maybe a Rainier Arms, Maybe Spikes although they are over 200, WMD is 175. I really haven't decided which one I want to go with. I did go with a Aero Precision one time but I am not sure of their quality right now. It was a few years ago since I tried that one and it was coated by Fail Zero then. It was 150 or 160 at the time. WMD makes a good one. I have always had excellent results with anything I get from Rainier Arms so WMD and Rainier are the front runners at this point. I spend a little more money on those type of parts because you can really feel the smoothness in the action with a really well made BCG.

When I build my 6.8's I use just the regular Daniel Defense BCG. They are really nice and provide a real smooth action. Probably one of the best BCG's on the market for the 6.8 spcII.

I have been so GD broke that last couple of month due to auto repairs that I am just sick that I can't go out and buy my parts. It just erks the sh*t out of me. I am usually able to buy parts every friday but after a couple of Import AC units going bad I am still paying off the credit card I had to put some of that on. I would usually do those repairs on my own but at 50 years old I am damn tired of working on cars in 92 degree heat. F that!

I haven't picked one out so far. I have tried Fail Zero before with decent results, maybe a Rainier Arms, Maybe Spikes although they are over 200, WMD is 175. I really haven't decided which one I want to go with. I did go with a Aero Precision one time but I am not sure of their quality right now. It was a few years ago since I tried that one and it was coated by Fail Zero then. It was 150 or 160 at the time. WMD makes a good one. I have always had excellent results with anything I get from Rainier Arms so WMD and Rainier are the front runners at this point. I spend a little more money on those type of parts because you can really feel the smoothness in the action with a really well made BCG.
I bought a brand new Fail Zero BCG right before the election and I was pretty disappointed with it. The gas key fasteners were only hand tight and they weren't staked worth a crap.

I sent it to mtdawg169 mtdawg169 to have him correctly stake it for me and he completely replaced the fasteners because he said that the ones that came on it were not the best quality.

It's only seen about 300 rounds so far, so no idea how it will hold up over the long run. I definitely won't be buying from them again though.

I bought a brand new Fail Zero BCG right before the election and I was pretty disappointed with it. The gas key fasteners were only hand tight and they weren't staked worth a crap.

I sent it to mtdawg169 mtdawg169 to have him correctly stake it for me and he completely replaced the fasteners for me because he said that the ones that came on it were not the best quality.

It's only seen about 300 rounds so far, so no idea how it will hold up over the long run. I definitely won't be buying from them again though.
I've seen more failures from "Fail Zero" than most any other brand. Peice of crap bolt carrier groups, wrapped in a crappy coating and pure marketing BS.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've seen more failures from "Fail Zero" than most any other brand. Peice of crap bolt carrier groups, wrapped in a crappy coating and pure marketing BS.
Yeah, my FZ BCG is the only thing I don't like about that upper you put together for me. I'm seriously thinking about getting something different to replace it pretty soon.

Any experience with Toolcraft? This site has the black nitride for $64.95 shipped:
http://www.tomstactical.com/toolcraft-bcg-bolt-carrier-group-black-nitride-ar-15-m16-5.56-223

Yeah, my FZ BCG is the only thing I don't like about that upper you put together for me. I'm seriously thinking about getting something different to replace it pretty soon.

Any experience with Toolcraft? This site has the black nitride for $64.95 shipped:
http://www.tomstactical.com/toolcraft-bcg-bolt-carrier-group-black-nitride-ar-15-m16-5.56-223
Toolcraft branded groups can be hit or miss. Pay close attention to the component materials. Staking can range from OK to really bad. Fasteners are never correct. Carrier should be 8620. Bolt should be carpenter 158, not 9310.

I'm curious too. I need iraqvet8888 to do a melt down video with a toolcraft auto bolt and quiet riots beater auto lower

Toolcraft branded groups can be hit or miss. Pay close attention to the component materials. Staking can range from OK to really bad. Fasteners are never correct. Carrier should be 8620. Bolt should be carpenter 158, not 9310.

Good to know

Back
Top Bottom