• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The MEGA ARMS picture and discussion thread. >POST EM UP!<

BangBang

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
57   0
Reaction score
I know a bunch of y’all have seen me whining lately in other threads about Mega Arms being bought by Zev Tech and all the “Mega” branded stuff being discontinued.

I figured instead of continuing to derail other people’s threads with my Mega talk I’d just start a new thread dedicated to it.

THE BAD NEWS: “Mega Arms” branded parts aren’t being made anymore. What’s out there now is all there will ever be. Mega Arms will continue to make AR parts, but they will now carry the “Zev” name (and price tag).

THE GOOD NEWS: Several online retailers have cut the prices on their remaining stock of Mega Arms items. Presumably to get them gone in order to start selling the new “Zev” branded parts. If you’ve been keeping an eye on the “Steals & Deals” section here then you’ve probably already seen the links I’ve posted to websites with discounted Mega parts recently.

I figured I better get some stuff while I still could, so I’ve placed several orders over the past few weeks.

All the stuff I ordered has come in now. I’m going to be posting up some pics and reviews on parts in here.

I know we’ve got some Mega Arms owners here on ODT, so....

LET’S SEE WHAT Y’ALL GOT!

POST EM UP!

51FF0579-FDA3-4938-BD39-CD94E7AFF193.jpeg

Here’s that completed Mega SBR lower with a dedicated .22lr upper on it. The upper receiver in this pic is an Anderson. The Anderson/Mega anodizing doesn’t match up worth a damn, but that’s alright. I’ve got a brand new stripped Mega upper sitting in the safe right now just waiting to have those .22 parts swapped onto it.
:becky:

F7AFBD29-5AC4-4083-80F5-421C5C2FF142.jpeg

Yeah, I remember seeing this one the other day. The Mega billet upper goes well with a forged lower!

I just posted a Mega lower/Anderson upper and the anodizing is WAY off between the two, but your Anderson lower/Mega upper look like they match up perfect.

Strange.
Mine is not terrible. The mega is a bit deeper in the black but not the worst I've seen. Works for me as my cheap parts gun.

Mine is not terrible. The mega is a bit deeper in the black but not the worst I've seen. Works for me as my cheap parts gun.
I just took these pics. It’s not a real fair comparison because I run this .22lr upper suppressed and it’s FILTHY right now and the Mega upper is brand new, but you can still tell the difference.
BD996249-2B28-4C1B-B4DA-A97FD057B9F2.jpeg

DC67009F-B0E0-483C-89C0-1CCBE482D5DD.jpeg

Speaking of anodizing not matching up....

MegaFan MegaFan I know you recently ordered some Mega Maten .308 stuff. Did you order a matched receiver set or buy your upper and lower separately?

The reason I ask is because I ordered my Maten upper and lower from two different sellers and I can tell a difference in the anodizing on the two pieces. It’s not a HUGE difference, but the lower is definitely slicker and a deeper black than the upper.

It’s not super bad, but I was still disappointed considering what those parts cost me.

20180126_131009.jpg
BangBang BangBang - my MATEN upper and hand guard were Brownells, as a matched set from Zev/Mega, and the lower from J&G. I think the color match is spot on. The only difference I see is due to oil and lighting in the image.

Edit: My MATEN lower came from JSE Surplus, like yours BangBang BangBang . I also purchased a "few" Mega Arms AR-15 lowers from J&G Sales to go with my MA uppers from Brownells.

View attachment 1485546 BangBang BangBang - my MATEN upper and hand guard were Brownells, as a matched set from Zev/Mega, and the lower from J&G. I think the color match is spot on. The only difference I see is due to oil and lighting in the image.
My Maten upper and M-lok handguard set came from Brownells. The Maten lower came from JSE Surplus. Maybe I’m just picky, but I’m not happy with the match of the upper and lower. I mean as far as “fit” they are PERFECT, but the “finish” isn’t.

I’ve already got them buried in the back of the safe, but I’ll dig them out tomorrow and try to get some pics outside in the sunlight to show you what I mean.

My Mega trigger from Rainier Arms finally got here. I took a bunch of pics of it earlier today that I’m going to post in here in a minute. It looks like a high quality piece.

Back
Top Bottom