• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The MEGA ARMS picture and discussion thread. >POST EM UP!<

Alright, so here’s the Mega Tactical Trigger. It’s been around for several years now and I’ve always been interested in it, but up until recently it was priced at around $90 everywhere and IMO that was too much.

When I saw them for $60 at rainierarms.com last week I figured I’d go ahead and get one.

The packaging
5A5935DA-B08D-456A-9758-C9034644B5B2.jpeg

Inside the box you’ve got the trigger, the trigger spring, a small hex wrench and a cd-rom with installation and adjustment instructions
FD8834D4-AE1B-475E-9F86-0CB2B1361E00.jpeg

The trigger and wrench. Notice that the trigger spring only has one leg and it actually goes into a hole in the trigger instead of going under the trigger like a mil-spec trigger spring
4181F1D9-FFAB-40E7-B408-243D4C537F0F.jpeg

There are two small set screws in the trigger that allow you to adjust it to minimize creep and over travel. This is the reason for the trigger spring only having one leg.
28DE02EA-7A8E-4EDD-BB49-ED2C7B15C955.jpeg

The opposite side of the trigger. You can see why a mil-spec spring wouldn’t work. The front set screw would be in the way. You can also see the end of the trigger spring in the hole beside the front set screw.
EF12964B-6AFF-4336-859C-3869F40F73DD.jpeg

MORE PICS COMING IN MY NEXT POST

Alright, so here’s the Mega Tactical Trigger. It’s been around for several years now and I’ve always been interested in it, but up until recently it was priced at around $90 everywhere and IMO that was too much.

When I saw them for $60 at rainierarms.com last week I figured I’d go ahead and get one.

The packaging
View attachment 1485659

Inside the box you’ve got the trigger, the trigger spring, a small hex wrench and a cd-rom with installation and adjustment instructions
View attachment 1485679

The trigger and wrench. Notice that the trigger spring only has one leg and it actually goes into a hole in the trigger instead of going under the trigger like a mil-spec trigger spring
View attachment 1485664

There are two small set screws in the trigger that allow you to adjust it to minimize creep and over travel. This is the reason for the trigger spring only having one leg.
View attachment 1485667

The opposite side of the trigger. You can see why a mil-spec spring wouldn’t work. The front set screw would be in the way. You can also see the end of the trigger spring in the hole beside the front set screw.
View attachment 1485673

MORE PICS COMING IN MY NEXT POST

Great triggers, I've ran a couple over the years and still have one in the safe.

More pics of the Mega Tactical Trigger...

Bottom of the trigger. You can see where the set screws will come out and contact the bottom of the fire control pocket in the receiver to limit the travel of the trigger
E5A01CED-EC3D-40B9-9C83-E8FBE430BDE0.jpeg

Now a little bit about the trigger spring. Just looking at pics online over the years I always thought this trigger used some sort of proprietary spring that was special made by Mega (which would be a drawback IMO). Luckily though, it looks like I was mistaken. The spring that came with this trigger appears to simply be a standard AR trigger spring with one leg clipped off. Here’s a pic of the Mega spring beside a standard spring
195603DB-A395-4975-80E8-23F71DD15E0B.jpeg

The trigger face has a nice, smooth finish
73545200-4E6E-4A3E-BBD0-58D405D12562.jpeg

Now a look at the sear surface. It looks pretty nice, but it could still use a little polishing to get it to a mirror finish. On all my AR triggers I polish the sear surfaces with a Dremel using a SOFT polishing wheel and either Blue Magic or Mother’s metal polish. It takes the gritty feel out of the pull.
C1C795FA-4773-4BB3-BA38-D72C7F15A42A.jpeg

And finally, the hole for the trigger pin. Honestly it looks a lot rougher in there than I thought it would. I really don’t know if that will actually effect the feel of the trigger or not.
2A0AF89A-AF90-4623-8923-D96C1912FD35.png

Since KERTWOOD KERTWOOD has some experience running these triggers maybe he can chime in and give any pros or cons he’s found with them.

More pics of the Mega Tactical Trigger...

Bottom of the trigger. You can see where the set screws will come out and contact the bottom of the fire control pocket in the receiver to limit the travel of the trigger
View attachment 1485746

Now a little bit about the trigger spring. Just looking at pics online over the years I always thought this trigger used some sort of proprietary spring that was special made by Mega (which would be a drawback IMO). Luckily though, it looks like I was mistaken. The spring that came with this trigger appears to simply be a standard AR trigger spring with one leg clipped off. Here’s a pic of the Mega spring beside a standard spring
View attachment 1485748

The trigger face has a nice, smooth finish
View attachment 1485758

Now a look at the sear surface. It looks pretty nice, but it could still use a little polishing to get it to a mirror finish. On all my AR triggers I polish the sear surfaces with a Dremel using a SOFT polishing wheel and either Blue Magic or Mother’s metal polish. It takes the gritty feel out of the pull.
View attachment 1485749

And finally, the hole for the trigger pin. Honestly it looks a lot rougher in there than I thought it would. I really don’t know if that will actually effect the feel of the trigger or not.
View attachment 1485755

Since KERTWOOD KERTWOOD has some experience running these triggers maybe he can chime in and give any pros or cons he’s found with them.

pro's:

1. easy install
2. easy to adjust
3. crisp clean break
4. can minimize over travel

cons:

1. not a complete one piece hammer trigger drop in package.

Hahaha! I SWEAR I was planning on tagging you when I post some pics of my Mega upper with the >COLT< barrel tomorrow!

But hey, while you’re here....

Have you seen the new Colt lowers that just came out?
:pound:

View attachment 1485933

Oh suuuuuuuuure you were! Lmao

Who makes those lowers? I tried googling the pic and the model but I couldn't find anything. That's pretty funny but the rollmark didn't turn out as good as the logo lol...

Oh suuuuuuuuure you were! Lmao

Who makes those lowers? I tried googling the pic and the model but I couldn't find anything. That's pretty funny but the rollmark didn't turn out as good as the logo lol...
No idea. I just did a Google image search for “My Little Pony AR15” hoping to find a pic to mess with you about and it was one of the first results.
:pound:

pro's:

1. easy install
2. easy to adjust
3. crisp clean break
4. can minimize over travel

cons:

1. not a complete one piece hammer trigger drop in package.
Did you do any polishing on yours? If not, was there any grit to the trigger pull?

Also, how does the pull weight compare to a stock GI trigger?

What kind of hammer and spring have you run with the Mega trigger? I know that will affect both the smoothness and the weight of the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom