• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The "My family is worth it" CCW round and round ....

FredAlert

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
217   3
Reaction score
Alright, I was flipping through the most recent issue of "Recoil" today and came across this that was interesting in an article about Chris Costa. I thought I would post it because of this "my family is worth it" debate that keeps going round and round whenever there is a discussion about what gun to carry comes up. I don't think that anyone here is going to argue that this guy that spends most of his life training military, law enforcement and high end security personnel is blatantly wrong for choosing what he has chosen for his personal defense the way that you would berate a forum member....... So he has an unlimited gun budget and gun companies throwing guns at him begging him to use them and this is what he carry's ... A GLOCK 19 :D

I'm not suggesting that you should carry a Glock but I am suggesting that some of you should stop berating people for carrying this "cheap" gun instead of a $3200 nighthawk or some such nonsense and justifying it by saying "you should save up for the best of the best of the best gun to carry because your family is worth it" and trying to make people feel like they are putting themselves or their family in danger for carrying a cheaper firearm.

In a gun fight, as long as you both have reliable guns that you can hit the target with that extra 2k that you put into your gun doesn't make any difference.

View attachment 137835

Last edited:
Well said brainchill. I can't see spending thousands of dollars on a gun to edc. I will stick with my shield in a .40 I'm accurate with it and every time I squeeze the trigger it goes boom.

i carry a .25 alot of the time

why? because i like being armed all the time, it works, and its super easy to conceal.

i feel like folks who have super expensive guns and then say "well how much is your life worth" were the fat kids who i use to play paintball with who had the best gear but not only couldnt use it, but would lose their breath climbing a flight of stairs to the snack machine

my advice to everyone was

1) get a gun you are comfortable with and know how to use
2) then use it and make sure it works and make sure you work with it
3) most important, just watch your own ass. having a custom ed brown on your hip is retarded if your gonna get snuck up on and have it lifted off ya

You can't put a price on protecting loved ones. When I'm en tow with the woman I love, I carry a custom $3200 Nighthawk. When I'm with my wife, a Glock does just fine.

I carry my G23 or G27. Love them, cant afford a super high end 1911 right now and even if I could, I damn sure wouldnt carry it. I also thought Costa was shooting the M&P 9 now. Either way, they guy is a badass and it makes me laugh that he carries a Glock and is more deadly with it than most with a $3000 Wilson Combat!

You can't put a price on protecting loved ones. When I'm en tow with the woman I love, I carry a custom $3200 Nighthawk. When I'm with my wife, a Glock does just fine.

144.jpg

There's no arguing the fact that Glock's simply sell themselves. The problem for the anti-Glock crowd is ignorance and cool factor. The only semi-valid argument I hear concerning Glock is "The grip angle just isn't right for me" and that still hinges on ignorance.

I went from carrying a 1911 to carrying a Glock (opposite ends of the spectrum on grip angle) so that is an invalid argument. I also used to think that .45 was a man's caliber. Now I realize it was only to compensate for my ignorance. If you want a gun that works as it is intended, Glock is a great choice and seems to work among most professionals just fine. If your girly frame cannot adjust 5% to accommodate the grip angle, there are many other choices that will work just fine also.

Last edited:
glocks are hard to beat. For what they are, their cheap, accurate and they always work. Thats why I carry one. I dont care about it, I abuse it (to a point) but I have faith in it and I know it will work when I need it to. A good knife is always a handy tool as well.

Back
Top Bottom