• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The "My family is worth it" CCW round and round ....

I tend to listen to those who have been shot at, those who have shot at... And lived to share the experience. Everyone gets their proverbial boxers in a bunch, but in all humility as someone who qualifies under the above statement, I submit the words of John Wayne (JB Books) from the Shootist

First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

What is in your hand means less than your resolve to use it.

Over half of the guys I mentioned meet your qualifications. And I heartily agree w/ your statement. Cooper also said of the three parts of the "Combative Mindset" that Mindset was the most important.

I agree w/ that too.

Mind Set is the most important aspect of everyday LIFE. Just as with this topic, it is amazing how many people just don't get that simple logic,

I think its up to personal preference personally. But I have learned that a lot of guys use their high end CCW's as a cock measuring tool to say the least. The Stan man carries a Gen 4 G19 and I usually keep at least one extra mag in my vehicle and sometimes a 31 rd mag in my emergency SHTF bag in my trunk. I saw on the news a while back that a guy here in Clayton county shot two armed burglars with a Hi point .40sw and killed one and the other was severely wounded.

If what you carry goes bang and hits the target with reliability and authority it doesn't have to be expensive or even pretty... I think your money is better spent on practice and training.

Of course though I said that (though I got it in a good trade) I think my gun IS pretty.. And it DOES go bang every time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 21
Really not much has changes since what Jeff Cooper said.

It should go bang everytime you pull the trigger.

It should fit your hand.

It should have a decent trigger.

It should have decent sights.

You should carry the largest one that you WILL carry & that you can hit with.
makes sense to me

Cooper was really cool, but not 100% (nobody is). 1. The scout rifle being a bolt wouldn't be my first choice, and first shot into the dirt to go single action wouldn't translate today either. Forward thinking (progressing into the future) demands not only listening, but the ability to evaluate what you are told. What worked 20 years ago may be a good starting point, but isn't necessarily what works best today. That is why training should be varied and repeated from different sources.

It's the same sales pitch as a motorcycle helmet. Yes it's worth the extra money when the extra goes to product betterment not ad space. 99 dollar Chinese made zr1 helmets were beating the shurbth German 400 pluss when it comes to a test. Same a. Good glock is a great weapon compaired to a high point or a nighthawk. AND it's LIGHT.

Well I am totally screwed then. I neither carry a Glock nor a high end 1911. I either carry a Ruger P89DC or a Taurus PT140. Please pray for my safety.(statement loaded with sarcasm)

Last edited:
My "Ol Lady" has a Taurus TCP that she carries now as her CCW "you ain't gettin these cookies, creepy dude in the black hoodie with black shades on at midnight driving the battered work van with the windows covered in plastic wrap". She also has a Taurus 24/7 DS as her primary go to piece.

Back
Top Bottom