• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The "My family is worth it" CCW round and round ....

I dont think his wrong for choosing a glock to protect his family, that's fine but i just think everybody has different taste some better than others obviously and if that's what works for him well good, for me there's nothing better than a .45 in a 1911.

I understand why glock lovers love glock. It's just like how I was anti-Mac and once I bought a Macbook I fell in love with it. My only critique about this post is this... stop acting like a Christian and preaching your weapon upon people. We get it.. Glocks are the best.. I, personally, love my Sig P250.

Because I can turn this

[Broken External Image]:

Into this

GM443660_L1

For under $300 with nightsights

There's no arguing the fact that Glock's simply sell themselves. The problem for the anti-Glock crowd is ignorance and cool factor. The only semi-valid argument I hear concerning Glock is "The grip angle just isn't right for me" and that still hinges on ignorance.

I went from carrying a 1911 to carrying a Glock (opposite ends of the spectrum on grip angle) so that is an invalid argument. I also used to think that .45 was a man's caliber. Now I realize it was only to compensate for my ignorance. If you want a gun that works as it is intended, Glock is a great choice and seems to work among most professionals just fine. If your girly frame cannot adjust 5% to accommodate the grip angle, there are many other choices that will work just fine also.

i just dont like them and there are a bunch of other guns that arent glocks that are just as good and better

i dont know why people use glock as a comparison, i dont think they are the best for any specific thing (nor is any other service style weapon, they all seem to do the same thing)

There's no arguing the fact that Glock's simply sell themselves. The problem for the anti-Glock crowd is ignorance and cool factor. The only semi-valid argument I hear concerning Glock is "The grip angle just isn't right for me" and that still hinges on ignorance.

I went from carrying a 1911 to carrying a Glock (opposite ends of the spectrum on grip angle) so that is an invalid argument. I also used to think that .45 was a man's caliber. Now I realize it was only to compensate for my ignorance. If you want a gun that works as it is intended, Glock is a great choice and seems to work among most professionals just fine. If your girly frame cannot adjust 5% to accommodate the grip angle, there are many other choices that will work just fine also.

My only "gripe" on glocks is the grip size. Through repetition lining the sights up on a glock becomes muscle memory. What I dislike is the purchase I get on glock grips. Granted I can get a good firm grip on glock by changing stances whick also allows me to control recoil 10x better than when I shoot isosceles (not looking to fuel a stance debate, I've tried both, Weaver works best for me, don't judge). The m&p seems to have superior ergonomics, a much better feeling grasp, but it comes at a cost. Part of the reason glocks have such a 2x4 grip is due to the polymer encased mag, which is a great thing to have in a gun you're going to abuse (I've never heard of many all steel pistol mags getting damaged under drops but its a possibility and could render a gun inoperable. That being said, I find it hard to ditch Glock, although a slimmer version of the 19/23 would sell like hotcakes.

I'm not preaching "my weapon" I'm talking about something very different. I don'y have a "My weapon" I have multiple Glocks, Sigs, HKs, 1911s ..... I'm absolutely not a glock or any other kind of gun lover ... I'm just a gun lover ...... I've just had enough of people saying that you shouldn't carry a glock because they're cheap and "your family is worth more"

For the purpose of the argument I could have used taurus as the example .... taurus makes plenty of reliable guns but most people here spit when they say the name ....

I understand why glock lovers love glock. It's just like how I was anti-Mac and once I bought a Macbook I fell in love with it. My only critique about this post is this... stop acting like a Christian and preaching your weapon upon people. We get it.. Glocks are the best.. I, personally, love my Sig P250.

Because I can turn this

[Broken External Image]:

Into this

GM443660_L1

For under $300 with nightsights

Last edited:
I like anything that's dependable and fits my hand. Glock do NOT fit my hand well, just don't feel right. XD's and Sigs fit better than anything I've ever had.

I really do not care what you carry, as long as you are proficient with what you carry, and it is carried. If for some reason, you do not shoot one particular model well, find one that you do shoot well. To say that someone is ignorant or they hinge on ignorance for not carrying one particular model, is in itself an uninformed statement. For goodness sake, don't carry something just because someone feels it is the best handgun on the market, and it may well be, carry what you are confident in carrying because you shoot it well. I have never stated that any one handgun is the best for any one person, and will not do it now. The OP makes a good point about Glocks, but Glock is not a one size fits all gun. There are many other products available, one may be better than the other, but only you have to make that decision. Practice with what you carry regardless of who made it, and become proficient with what you carrry.

Back
Top Bottom