• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The vine that ate the South

Cursed be the nimrod dimwit who thought it would be a good idea to
bring kudzu to the South and use it as a shade plant! :mad: :frusty: :tsk: :crazy: :rant:
This stuff is driving me crazy.

news.bbcimg.co.uk_media_images_80222000_jpg__80222817_kudzu_think624.jpg

Georgia housing at its finest.

Yes, a extremely invasive species called liberalis dumbassess.
I JUST saw an old guy at the Shell station next to I75 in Perry. He had what looked like 3 D bag sons. One vaping at the pump and one standing there putting a hair band around his dumbass white boy dreads. The car had Ohio tags front and back. So I got done and asked if they were coming or heading back. He said headed back. So I said "Good! Keep it around 85 and get the hell out of Georgia fast as you can." And I left them there looking stupid and slack jawed.

Yep, it was brought here from Japan as an erosion control plant as much of the southeast suffered from pretty bad erosion problems due to the harvest of timber and poor farming practices mostly in the 20’s and 30’s. After WWII the government agricultural dept. encouraged folks to plant it. I know this because my father worked for the ag dept and he told me about it. It is a very good feed for cows, horses, goats, pigs etc. very high in protein and will fatten an animal up pretty quickly. Pigs are about the only animal that will kill it out completely of an area as they will dig up and eat the roots.

The following may have happened (theoretically):

A younger man may have had a disagreement with a former business associate. After things didn't work out, that younger man may have planted some kudzu in strategic places at the former business associate's vacation home that was seldom used.

Anyway, that may have happened.

A younger man may have had a disagreement with a former business associate. After things didn't work out, that younger man may have planted some kudzu in strategic places at the former business associate's vacation home that was seldom used.

This would be awesome, if it happened.

This would be awesome, if it happened.
Think it could happen again at my ex-wife’s house??

I remember seeing an article on it years ago that mentioned cows eating kudzu got so gassy they had to be lanced to prevent their stomachs from rupturing.

Back
Top Bottom