• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The world’s most effective Hi-Point

You guys ever watch “the first 48” or whatever the F it’s called… lotsa bodies on them high points… I believe most being in revision 1 as opposed to revision hatchet…

Don't get me wrong, a HiPoint wouldn't be my first choice in a self defense gun. They are bulky and heavy and have a limited capacity.

But they are also VERY affordable, are easy to shoot (heavy guns kick less) and are generally as reliable as any other 'budget' gun (and probably more so than some high-end 1911s).

They get a lot of smack-talk and there's no denying they are the gun of choice for poorer criminals (rich ones get Glocks), but a cheap, reliable pistol (or carbine) definitely has a place.

If the Hi-Point pistol or carbine were actually reliable, I would agree with you. They are not reliable, so I cannot.

Cheap…..yes. Reliable……no.

You guys ever watch “the first 48” or whatever the F it’s called… lotsa bodies on them high points… I believe most being in revision 1 as opposed to revision hatchet…

.75 caliber Brown Bess musket has waaaaay more kills than the Hi-Point. That doesn’t mean that it’s a viable SD weapon.

Any takers?

Not in all the years that I’ve put it out there, carbine or handgun.

I had a husband and wife take a class together, and she ran a Hi-Point .45 carbine, but not as part of my “challenge”. In at least 3 out of 4 drills, she had some sort of stoppage or malfunction.

Back
Top Bottom