• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The worst ammo ...

Unlike some others, never had a problem with tula, in any caliber or gun I've used. It's great for range practice and chuueeaappp.

Also, my marlin 60 22 rifle Only reliably cycles -remington! I was ready to pitch that rifle until I tried the remington, wouldn't cycle anything else.
Glad I tried it.

Ga Arms reloads: I bought a 100 pack of 380 steel jackets. About a third of them had the primer set too deep and wouldn't fire. Even though they made them good I'm not buying any more from them. Ammo is too important to scrimp on.....

MFS. The stuff is crap. I bought 500 rounds at what I thought was a great deal from a member, and was lucky if 100 of them ignited.

Unlike some others, never had a problem with tula, in any caliber or gun I've used. It's great for range practice and chuueeaappp.

My Glocks love some Tula ammo.

I've never had tula fail in 223 or 9mm in a rra carbine, glock 22 with conversion barrel, m11/9, or Taurus pt111 9mm. And I ve shot ridiculous amounts of tula 223

I've had very smelly ga arms 9mm.
i agree with all 3. i just ran 250rnds of tulla for the first time with 1fte; not bad for plinking and it doesn't stink as bad as atl arms. does anybody know of a downfall from using steel-case ammo vs brass on glocks? that's (ofc) besides warranty because the last time i checked, shooting reload voids it as well, but that's besides the point.
Is the theory that, steel-cased ammo damages the extractor and some internals (in the long run) because it's pliable than steel, plausible?

do share,

Last edited:
I have to say Tula, I filled up a mag for my ar and had 3 ftf's before it started feeding it. Then it was running fine till about round 15 and my bolt carrier got stuck with the shell casing in the barrel. After spending a few minutes get the bolt carrier open I promptly unloaded the rest of the mag and filled it with some brass cased ammo and have never had a problem since then. Before that day I have shot maybe around 1k rounds through with out a single hiccup and have shot around 500 since then without a problem. I was shooting it out of and Armalite and have heard it had a little tighter tolerances than some of the other ars so that could have been the problem. All I know is that I will never buy any more of it.

I'm going to disagree with jrr888 - I've had great success with Pmc 223 and it seems to be fairly clean. My DPMS eats everything, though, so your mileage my vary.

Atlanta (or GA) arms 45 was terrible for me. Maybe I had a bad lot but they were so out of spec that they would bind up my mags. And they were dirty when they worked.

Back
Top Bottom