• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on a company car under $30k?

Please link it. I did notice a little more road noise compared to my Equinox.
E2500EFF-1D38-4669-AB3F-84379A949F6F.png
I can’t get the video to link. But I Googled “Soundproof RAV4” and the first video was cool. “Turn your car into a luxury car”. You basically pull all the door panels and flooring and use the stuff I posted a pic of. The video will be more helpful cause I’ve never done it myself. I know Folks who have , in a weekend. Sorry Man.

View attachment 5167431
I can’t get the video to link. But I Googled “Soundproof RAV4” and the first video was cool. “Turn your car into a luxury car”. You basically pull all the door panels and flooring and use the stuff I posted a pic of. The video will be more helpful cause I’ve never done it myself. I know Folks who have , in a weekend. Sorry Man.
Or… ask the dealership what they would charge? They offered to change ours over to leather for $1k several years ago . They did a fine job ; and for less than upholstery shop.

Yeah. I found that video. I’d be a little nervous to completely disassemble a brand new car. Paying someone to do it for $1k sounds like a deal.

I've been planning to add sound insulation to the spare tire area to reduce the road noise on my wife's Rav4, it's the easiest area to access and where I believe most of the noise comes from on our 2018 model.

If taking out the seats isn't an issue that would be the next place I'd use it, after that the carpet should come right up and be a nice fair weather project. Personally I'd stay away from door panels, I'd be too worried about panel clips snapping off.

I've been planning to add sound insulation to the spare tire area to reduce the road noise on my wife's Rav4, it's the easiest area to access and where I believe most of the noise comes from on our 2018 model.

If taking out the seats isn't an issue that would be the next place I'd use it, after that the carpet should come right up and be a nice fair weather project. Personally I'd stay away from door panels, I'd be too worried about panel clips snapping off.

I could even see doing on the roof. I imagine that would make for a quieter ride in the rain, as well as keep the inside temp cooler in the summer.

I could even see doing on the roof. I imagine that would make for a quieter ride in the rain, as well as keep the inside temp cooler in the summer.
Anywhere you put it will make a difference I would think? Riverside Toyota Rome has always been good to us. Note: personally… the headliner would be the scariest to do for me. Had a lot of sagging headliners in my life lol.

Back
Top Bottom