• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on "Bill Of Sale" Firearms Trades/ Purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.
The notary is a glorified witness, that's why you have to sign it in front of the notary.

An experienced notary can be just as valuable, and a lot cheaper, than a lawyer. Just saying. You may not be aware of all the powers they have under the law. Most notaries do not know all they can do.

Are you serious? Your talking about a non legally binding BOS. Do you honestly believe that signatures on a worthless piece of paper or going to be authenticated?

:wacko:

Yes i am serious, BOS is a contract and contracts are legally binding. Even verbal contracts are binding they are however hard to prove a BOS is somewhat easier to prove.

anyway I'm tired of this round of the argument so I'm going to retire until the next thread and let you have the last word.

epic win!
Lets try this. To those of you advocating people giving you personal information for no other reason than you make you feel better.

I only want one response from you. Failure to answer these questions will tell me that you are full of **** and not willing to put your money where your mouth is.

Here are the three questions, please respond to them in this thread.

What is your legal name?

What is your home address?

What is your home phone number?

If you really believe in the garbage you are spewing, you will have no problem answering those three questions right here and now in open forum.

Awe crap.

Sorry but I lol'd hard at that. I'm not trying to uncan the worms, but here is another stance. I have PERSONALLY met and traded with Okuma Steve. For those that don't know, he oversees this site and all legal issues. If a bill of sale was something that would legally benfit someone that runs a firearms classifieds website, that's had records subpoena'd and such, Okuma Steve himself would have asked for one. At the same time, the Mods Like Soviet (Who will one day come to follow the footsteps of the Glock fan club) and NWSharpshooter do not require them. Says alot since they are appointed a position of some power in a site which could take heat over firearm related issues. At the same time, I've never heard an attorney that reccomended a bill of sale or listed the benefits. I'm sure myself, Okuma Steve, NWS, and soviet all ask for the same thing.. A good itrader and a handshake, maybe a glance at the ole drivers license and ask "are you legal to own a firearm yada yada", but nothing more.

Sorry but I lol'd hard at that. I'm not trying to uncan the worms, but here is another stance. I have PERSONALLY met and traded with Okuma Steve. For those that don't know, he oversees this site and all legal issues. If a bill of sale was something that would legally benfit someone that runs a firearms classifieds website, that's had records subpoena'd and such, Okuma Steve himself would have asked for one. At the same time, the Mods Like Soviet (Who will one day come to follow the footsteps of the Glock fan club) and NWSharpshooter do not require them. Says alot since they are appointed a position of some power in a site which could take heat over firearm related issues. At the same time, I've never heard an attorney that reccomended a bill of sale or listed the benefits. I'm sure myself, Okuma Steve, NWS, and soviet all ask for the same thing.. A good itrader and a handshake, maybe a glance at the ole drivers license and ask "are you legal to own a firearm yada yada", but nothing more.

Im a former member of the glock fan club. been there done that :)

Im a former member of the glock fan club. been there done that :)
hmmm. Soviet, one day when I've got money I can play with I'll have to send ya a pm, meet you at a range and see how your hk compares to my glock. If I like the hk better, I'll sell BOTH of the 19's (hope to have aa second in a month or less) and switch to hk's :) Unless they come out with fnp-9 tactical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom