• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thread locker for suppressor muzzle device

I was really hoping to hear that red loctite would get me by, but after reading through the replies and then watching this video I see why Rocksett is the clear winner.

I just wish there was somewhere local to buy it, I went to Walmart, Lowe’s, Home Depot, advanced auto and Oreilly. No one carries it, it’s order only and that’s pretty annoying.

Couldn’t ask for better performance though and with the high dollar amount of hardware I’m working with it would be stupid to just rush this last part.

I was really hoping to hear that red loctite would get me by, but after reading through the replies and then watching this video I see why Rocksett is the clear winner.

I just wish there was somewhere local to buy it, I went to Walmart, Lowe’s, Home Depot, advanced auto and Oreilly. No one carries it, it’s order only and that’s pretty annoying.

Couldn’t ask for better performance though and with the high dollar amount of hardware I’m working with it would be stupid to just rush this last part.
still...1 bottle will last you your lifetime.

I'll take a look in my suppressor accoutrements drawer when I get home today to make sure I still have my sealed tubes of the stuff after we moved last year. If I got one I'll DM you and just post it to you.

I'll take a look in my suppressor accoutrements drawer when I get home today to make sure I still have my sealed tubes of the stuff after we moved last year. If I got one I'll DM you and just post it to you.

Surt, that would be great! A perfect example of why ODTers are the best.

I just ordered some online within the last month, it was cheap...I'll have to see if I can remember where I got it.

The tubes that came with my mounts were never cut open but had hardened inside. After I threw them away I read that you can set them in hot water to liquify them again, grrr

been running cans/muzzle devices since 2014 and only ever used 271 red loctite. Zero issues.

If you want to feel better you can use 272 loctite which is a high strength and higher temp. 272 is impressive.

Hey Gents,

What thread locker (if any) did you all use to attach your muzzle device to your rifle barrel?

I’ve got a KGM R556 suppressor which came with a QD flash suppressor. It doesn’t need to be timed and was instructed NOT to use any kind of crush washer, just put some thread locker such as rockset and direct thread the QD muzzle device to the barrel.

Anyone use old fashioned Red Locktite? I cannot find rockset anywhere locally and need to get this thing running soon for quals.
Nice. I just got my Kgm r30 this week. In the same boat. Don’t want to spend $20 for two drops of this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom