• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Threads With Comments Disabled

You know when you come across a thread and the OP has the comments disabled....that mother ****er asking WAYYY too much for his item! :pound:

I've often noticed that threads with disabled comments, are often for items that are fraudulently advertised. Like the guy here that lists a plain, nothing-special 1980's SKS, as being an early Sino-Soviet collaboration, (even after he and I discussed it via PM's and established it was a much newer rifle), or the guy that posted a supposedly rare snub nose "Victory Model" S&W, that wasn''t, and clearly had been bubba'd and cut down, or all the "frying pan/Tenifer finish" Glocks that endlessly pop up (favorite pet peeve of mine ! :becky: )

I've often noticed that threads with disabled comments, are often for items that are fraudulently advertised. Like the guy here that lists a plain, nothing-special 1980's SKS, as being an early Sino-Soviet collaboration, (even after he and I discussed it via PM's and established it was a much newer rifle), or the guy that posted a supposedly rare snub nose "Victory Model" S&W, that wasn''t, and clearly had been bubba'd and cut down, or all the "frying pan/Tenifer finish" Glocks that endlessly pop up (favorite pet peeve of mine ! :becky: )

:pound:

I recently closed a post because multiple guys with no feedback trolled, asked ridiculous questions cause they do not read, or just made complete obvious or pointless comments. Majority of the time, they're open but recently it has gotten worse.

I love the guy who asks ridiculous questions about the gun you have posted, but never actually buys anything. Just wants you to answer all his dumb questions so he can look like he knows about your gun.

He’ll ask “is that barrel 1:7 or.....?”, “is that a 3.5lbs trigger?” “What date was it manufactured?” Wants to know everything about it, but doesn’t plan to buy anything.

I love the guy who asks ridiculous questions about the gun you have posted, but never actually buys anything. Just wants you to answer all his dumb questions so he can look like he knows about your gun.

He’ll ask “is that barrel 1:7 or.....?”, “is that a 3.5lbs trigger?” “What date was it manufactured?” Wants to know everything about it, but doesn’t plan to buy anything.

I love the guy who doesn't know anything about the gun he is selling, "I got this in a trade and I don't know much about it", "I inherited it, and I don't know much about it."

There's this new fangled thing call the "interweb" where you can find out all sorts of stuff - like .38 S&W isn't the same thing as .38 Special.

I love the guy who doesn't know anything about the gun he is selling, "I got this in a trade and I don't know much about it",....

Yeah, those are always kind of a red flag, to me too. It often sounds like the guy is giving himself plausible deniability when the thing turns out to be a jammer ("Uh, I dunno man, but I told you up front I didn't know anything about it!")
Plus, it shows that at least one other person couldn't get rid of the thing fast enough ! And why would anyone trade into something they obviously have no knowledge of,or interest in, and then, not even fire it, either for simple enjoyment, or out of curiosity and to vet it for proper function ?

Yeah, those are always kind of a red flag, to me too. It often sounds like the guy is giving himself plausible deniability when the thing turns out to be a jammer ("Uh, I dunno man, but I told you up front I didn't know anything about it!")
Plus, it shows that at least one other person couldn't get rid of the thing fast enough ! And why would anyone trade into something they obviously have no knowledge of,or interest in, and then, not even fire it, either for simple enjoyment, or out of curiosity and to vet it for proper function ?
I see "got it in a trade an don't need it/know about" all too often...i understand getting stuff in a trade I wasn't planning on getting or needed...but seems like that happens weekly for some

Back
Top Bottom