• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

time to cut my losses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I don't like buying used cars. On the ODT you say it is a POS that needs a bunch of money poured into it, a new transmission, etc. On the craigslist ad you say you would drive it anywhere and that all it needs is a coolant flush and a thermostat.

Was thinking the same thing. Well, I know who I won't be dealing with in the future.

Don't like the color?

Candy apple red?
Flat black with candy apple flames?

A real truck is meant to be used hard on the weekends, not taken to the car detailer.
Scratches are like scars; the basis for good stories.

Don't like the color?

Candy apple red?
Flat black with candy apple flames?

A real truck is meant to be used hard on the weekends, not taken to the car detailer.
Scratches are like scars; the basis for good stories.

Yeah, the color is not on the list of desireable choices. It's kind of ugly. If I'm buying a truck, it's got to both look decent and perform the same.

I don't get it. My Sierra has been a work/landscaping truck for its entire life, but isn't beat all to hell. I can stand when people just trash a truck "because it's a truck". I will use my truck as a truck, keep it looking nice with my swapped wheels, washed paint, detailed interior, shaved emblems, and still cringe when I see some ragged out pile oh crap from the same year.

Just because it's a tool doesn't mean you just treat it like crap or neglect aesthetics...

Why not disclose all the facts in the ad, and maybe save someone the time of inquiring only to be told of the other problems after they have invested time to call or come look at it ?

Just my $.02

That's why I don't like buying used cars. On the ODT you say it is a POS that needs a bunch of money poured into it, a new transmission, etc. On the craigslist ad you say you would drive it anywhere and that all it needs is a coolant flush and a thermostat.
never said it was a POS it's drivable resto project...it will drive anywhere I have drove to Chattanooga and Macon several times in the last month and to cumming yesterday to deliver an atv with no issues on the hwy it's fine. it only gets hot in traffic with AC on even stated it will need a tranny soon. ..

And don't think for second I would not disclose all the facts if someone expressed interest..

did you even read the whole ad?

the truck really does not need much more I am just over it and really need a tow vehicle..

and sorry about the color thats factory original paint...

Last edited:
I don't get it. My Sierra has been a work/landscaping truck for its entire life, but isn't beat all to hell. I can stand when people just trash a truck "because it's a truck". I will use my truck as a truck, keep it looking nice with my swapped wheels, washed paint, detailed interior, shaved emblems, and still cringe when I see some ragged out pile oh crap from the same year.

Just because it's a tool doesn't mean you just treat it like crap or neglect aesthetics...
..and as much as trucks cost now a days it's stupid to beat one up especially if you ever planning on reselling..

might be time to stop the bleeding , I have be hemorrhaging money ever since I bought this old truck

Now we have an over heat issue with AC on and a small coolent leak The leak is actually more on top behind the t stat housing where about 4 hoses all tie into the front of eng and housing. Not sure I want to put another dime in the truck...

I am getting a rattle from the top of eng I thought was pre-ignition under hard acceleration, but we set timing correctly and it still does it.. sounds sort of like diesel rattle so possibly valve train issue..
also still needs a transmission..

might be time to cut my loses and dump it trying to lose as little as possible..

my other option is to forge on and drop a good reman eng and tranny in the truck and finish restoring it..The truck has a great body and interior.

I guess only I can make that call....lol

never said it was a POS it's drivable resto project...it will drive anywhere I have drove to Chattanooga and Macon several times in the last month and to cumming yesterday to deliver an atv with no issues on the hwy it's fine. it only gets hot in traffic with AC on even stated it will need a tranny soon. ..

And don't think for second I would not disclose all the facts if someone expressed interest..

did you even read the whole ad?
the truck really does not need much more I am just over it and really need a tow vehicle..

and sorry about the color thats factory original paint...

Myself ? .... Yeah, I read the whole ad on CL. Didn't see anything about the rattle in the engine or that you are wanting to "dump" it and cut your losses.

But hey, that's all up to you how you list it.......... GLWS

CL said:
1984 F150 swb body and int very good cond virtually rust free except for slight surface rust on quarters no rust under truck cab corners good minor prep and ready to paint.

Good running 302, AC converted to r134, Has AOD trans that will need rebuild in a years or so still functions ok just does not like OD around town I drive in D most of the time OD works fine on HWY.

13700 ORIGINAL MILES

carpet, headliner[looks new] and int an 8 out of 10.. NEVER SMOKED INN!

I have spent almost $2000 in the last 2 months on gen repairs, shocks,rear crank seal, dash cap, new carburetor, complete tune up, oil change probably missing something

Needs now coolant flush and t-stat running hot in traffic..

Tagged and titled in my name

I would drive this truck anywhere now and have drove to Macon and back and Chattanooga and back last week. Just don't have the time or extra cash to do this truck justice.

Original GA truck all of it's life in middle GA..

Last edited:
Myself ? .... Yeah, I read the whole ad on CL. Didn't see anything about the rattle in the engine or that you are wanting to "dump" it and cut your losses.

But hey, that's all up to you how you list it.......... GLWS
quite frankly it's nobody's business why I am selling it on CL and if you must know dump means don't want to spend any more money on the truck mainly because I don't have it to spend not that it is a POS if I had to spend I would finish.. restoring.. as far as the top end rattle it only occurs under very hard acceleration normal driving no issue..

all I can say is none of you have to buy the truck..

I would bet money it's better shape then most of pre 90s trucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom