• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TIME TO FESS UP! What's the most you've overpaid for gun stuff?

Same as OP. Commemorated the Obama election with an AR purchase. Figured they might not be available after a few more years. Can't remember the exact price but it was around $1k for a basic RRA M4 clone.

You get into putting money into a gun you already own and that's where the money hole really opens up. Customization and so on. Then again, I never looked at customization as something I'd make money on either.

Bought a Colt Delta Elite 10mm for $900 once and sold it for $650 a few months later cause ammo was too expensive and rare several years ago.

Great. Now I’m mad again.....

Same as OP. Commemorated the Obama election with an AR purchase. Figured they might not be available after a few more years. Can't remember the exact price but it was around $1k for a basic RRA M4 clone.

You get into putting money into a gun you already own and that's where the money hole really opens up. Customization and so on. Then again, I never looked at customization as something I'd make money on either.
110% correct on customizing and custom parts. That falls.into the category of Personal Taste and we all like something different. Doesn't matter if it's guns,cars,bikes, boats etc. Jeeps and Harleys are probably the biggest custom part money pits. Expect about a 25¢ on the dollar return on your custom parts investment.

Back
Top Bottom