• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TIME TO FESS UP! What's the most you've overpaid for gun stuff?

Now that's funny! haha sorry for the cash loss though,but I believe you whole heartedly. I've seen a lot of Kimbers go click.

I was so excited when I bought it. Kimber Tactical Pro II. Couldn't even get through a Wilson mag without a jam. Also, would sling brass to my face.

I paid 800/900 for a Delton AR when the Obama gun scare happened...... but I had no other choice - only option for my first AR!!!

But my biggest mistake would of been a Kel Tec shotgun when they first hit the stores!!

When they first came out they were around $1300!!!!
My buddy was a dealer and cost was A lot (I don't remember exact numbers) and then Kel Tec dropped the MSRP on them by 500 bucks!

My buddy was stuck with his over priced shotty on his sales floor for a long time!

Glad I passed and never bought it from him!

Mine is similar to Bang Bangs. Right after the big one hit all the AR's were basically non existent I bought a Bushmaster the 215 jobs with the Hbar. I shelled out 800 for it. At the time I thought I struck gold because you couldn't find them on the shelf and if one did come up for sale it was 2,500 bucks. Fortunately is was an early 2005 model when Cerberus Group still owned them and hadn't sold out to the Freedom Group. So I got one of the better Bushmasters so that wasn't that bad. The worst is similar Elmosdad. It's all the 5.56 ammo I paid 20-25 bucks a box for 20 cartridges. I ordered so much of that ammo the amount of money I paid still haunts me. Not only 5.56 it was 45, 30-30, 30-06, 22 mag, 22 lr, .308, 38 and 357. I mean I went to town and spent a hill of money on ammo.

I seem to remember paying $75-$100 for various high capacity pistol magazines back in the early days of the Brady Bill when I was afraid I would never be able to get extra mags for all my pistols. Several for a Glock 22, Beretta 92, Taurus PT101, Para Ordnance P16-40, CZ-75, etc. I've probably significantly overpaid for 30 round AR mags too...:tinfoil3:

110% correct on customizing and custom parts. That falls.into the category of Personal Taste and we all like something different. Doesn't matter if it's guns,cars,bikes, boats etc. Jeeps and Harleys are probably the biggest custom part money pits. Expect about a 25¢ on the dollar return on your custom parts investment.
25 cents if you are lucky and that depends a lot to do with gun it's on.

If I bought one of those bump stocks advertised on ODT lately for $1500 then that would be the stupidest purchase I could ever make. But I haven't, still have a little smarts left.

Back
Top Bottom