• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To all you wolverines-

Sorry, the tone sounded like mocking to me. Oh to all the "wolverines", to all those that think blah blah. That sounds condescending, sorry. Like everyone else is too stupid to figure this simple stuff out.

Of course living in the woods is hard. Of course game will likely become scarce. Those are not revelations. Those are not great insights. That's what happened during the Great Depression and it would happen again under similar circumstances.

If it was not your intent to be condescending, then my most humble apologies. But that's how some of these posts came off.

despite the good info and the intentions of the OP, i read it that way too.

I am not leaving. I am bugging in.

x2. unless you can give me a 100% chance of making it 30 miles up 575 and either a functional vehicle or dumb person to carry all my crap... i aint going nowhere. I have shelter, defensive and offensive means, and a decent amount of supplies to feed me and the wife at my home.

Last edited:
I was having this conversation with some fella's I work with awhile back. One of them had been to my house , in the country, and made the statement " if something like that happens, Im coming to your place" my reply....if you dont have food, water,firearms, some sort of contribution....I will drop you at the top of the driveway! Cold,mean....REALITY!!! I will stay put as long as possible. Lots of woods, 1000's of acre's around.Yes there are other ppl too but not everyone is a hunter or can take game if they had to. Not saying Id be a bad ass or anything along those lines, but be honest...everyone will be looking out for their own families till things settle alittle and small "communities" can be set up.

I was having this conversation with some fella's I work with awhile back. One of them had been to my house , in the country, and made the statement " if something like that happens, Im coming to your place" my reply....if you dont have food, water,firearms, some sort of contribution....I will drop you at the top of the driveway! Cold,mean....REALITY!!! I will stay put as long as possible. Lots of woods, 1000's of acre's around.Yes there are other ppl too but not everyone is a hunter or can take game if they had to. Not saying Id be a bad ass or anything along those lines, but be honest...everyone will be looking out for their own families till things settle alittle and small "communities" can be set up.

I think the small towns that already exist will probably fare well out of this....they already know each other and they tend to have each others back already. I grew up in a small town and that sense of belonging and protection of "their own" still exists. So thankful that my small piece of paradise is in a small community where we know and trust each other.

One of my favorite sayings is a very good piece of advice: never lie to yourself. We currently have no where to bug too. I have family a couple of states away...it won't be possible to get there in all likelihood. While I am doing everything I can to the fairly well "prepped" and prepared, my plans have to be realistic: We've no where to bug too, so we have to play the hand we've been dealt, as the saying goes.
That could change if time allows and opportunities present themselves.
In the mean time, I have to plan around reality.
Lots of pros and cons for staying or bugging--good discussion and food for thought.
Most of us inhabitants of "realville" don't have the resources to own a retreat fully stocked for a relocation. I wish I did...

Thanks bill, that was the point I was trying to make. It's all well and good to plan to do XYZ, but if you don't have the ability to make it reality, it's all a waste of time. Better to plan realistically and actually pull your plan off, even if it's not perfect.

Sorry, the tone sounded like mocking to me. Oh to all the "wolverines", to all those that think blah blah. That sounds condescending, sorry. Like everyone else is too stupid to figure this simple stuff out.

Of course living in the woods is hard. Of course game will likely become scarce. Those are not revelations. Those are not great insights. That's what happened during the Great Depression and it would happen again under similar circumstances.

If it was not your intent to be condescending, then my most humble apologies. But that's how some of these posts came off.

I think it came off that way to you, because those were your plans. Sorry to have pissed in your cornflakes

Have a close relative in Huntsville, AL who, with most of north Alabama, will be without power for 1-2 weeks following the 7 tornados that struck their city. They came back to GA to wait it out with their dogs and most of their frozen meats. The only reason they got to Atlanta was because they happened to have a full tank of gas and the interstates were clear!

Even after having to leave their home, they still have no interest in prepping.....not even a 72 hr B.O.B.! I don't know what it takes to wake up some people.

Just by the grace of God, all of North GA would be in the same shape.

Excellent points! People are not used to more than a couple of days without power. Imagine what an EMP or solar flare would do. We literally would be looking at a year or more for most areas. Better really plan for something bad, guys. It really can happen.

I think it came off that way to you, because those were your plans. Sorry to have pissed in your cornflakes

Lol so you've gone from being condescending to being a flat out douche. I must have hit it pretty close to get you all defensive and riled up.

Fwiw, you're not going to see me on here talking about my preps. I don't feel the need to whip my schlong out, trying to prove something. The fact that you're touting your "insights" as some sort of grand revelation, and then attacking anyone who even hints at challenging you, only confirms to me how insecure you really are about the whole thing. Maybe this was actually YOUR plan and then after a huge effort of thought and research, you realized how pathetic your plan was. Naturally, you assumes that since it was difficult for you to reach this conclusion, it must be difficult for EVERYONE. Now I'm telling you that anyone with an IQ less than one standard deviation from average should be able to figure this out with a minimum of mental effort. So now you're lashing out with the most predictable and pathetic of insults..."nuh-uh, you are..."

Anyway, my cornflakes are just fine. Theyre freeze dried and stored in airtight containers, after all ;-)

Back
Top Bottom