• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

To say, or not to say?

TxBoyX2

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
16   0
Reaction score
Something just caught my attention, and it reminded me of this, and I thought I would ask the Tribe. If you see someone post a rifle that isn't 922R compliant, do you say something to them via PM? I don't mean in a 'telling them their business' way, more of a 'Hey, just FYI'. Seen it a few times with Saigas, and I did mention it once, and got my head bit off for it. What do you guys think?

Yeah, nothing wrong with a friendly PM...there is a disclaimer at the bottom of the classifieds but, if your truly trying to help someone out, nothing wrong with it...problem with doing it in a thread, is it creates a "swarm" ; )

Yeah, nothing wrong with a friendly PM...there is a disclaimer at the bottom of the classifieds but, if your truly trying to help someone out, nothing wrong with it...problem with doing it in a thread, is it creates a "swarm" ; )
Roger that. Like i said, I PMed a guy about it once, and he acted like I asked for naked pics of his wife.

Do you know for sure that its not compliant? It could have been compliant when they bought it and is now grandfathered in...

Do you know for sure that its not compliant? It could have been compliant when they bought it and is now grandfathered in...
The one I PMed about was a newer model Saiga, that had the buttstock switched out. Only that. Not the internals, not the mag, not the fore grip.

Here's my take on it, while it is something that will get you in trouble unless it's blatant and you are doing something stupid with the blatant offensive weapon, most people aren't going to say anything. BUT if you are doing stupid stuff and they find that you have stuff that isn't compliant, they are going to tack it on to make their case stronger.

Here's my take on it, while it is something that will get you in trouble unless it's blatant and you are doing something stupid with the blatant offensive weapon, most people aren't going to say anything. BUT if you are doing stupid stuff and they find that you have stuff that isn't compliant, they are going to tack it on to make their case stronger.
True, usually a 922R charge is just a "**** you" charge.

Back
Top Bottom