• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Too many Jokers here without any intention of selling anything?

I mean, a little.....but with 17 whole transactions under your belt, I'm sure there's a lot I could learn from you regarding ODT trading etiquette. ;)
Just because I don't buy and sell on a everyday basis doesn't mean I don't hold etiquette in higher regard. I never asked you to learn anything from me, we all know you are the man anyway so I'm sure I can never hold a candle to you. I didn't miss-spell anything or use any improper English for you to bash , did I ?
If it really bothers you that bad I can meet up and discuss it anytime you want.

I do all negotiations through PMs now. I will not call or text unless I am letting the guy know I am at the location or 5 mins from it. I have had numerous newbies tell me to call or text them as they want to buy so I reply through PM only to tell me they are not comfortable PMing someone on this site.

The ones that get me are the people who created their account 30 mins after you posted something and say I will take it. Something fishy their......

I will only negoiate through a pm until deal is made. That way the deal is documented if it does goes sour for some reason. The last message should contain a mobile or contact number for each party to communicate just in case if either party is going to be early/late to a meet, etc.

I will only negoiate through a pm until deal is made. That way the deal is documented if it does goes sour for some reason. The last message should contain a mobile or contact number for each party to communicate just in case if either party is going to be early/late to a meet, etc.

This. I need a time and place set up ON HERE! Other wise no deal.

Just because I don't buy and sell on a everyday basis doesn't mean I don't hold etiquette in higher regard. I never asked you to learn anything from me, we all know you are the man anyway so I'm sure I can never hold a candle to you. I didn't miss-spell anything or use any improper English for you to bash , did I ?

Eh, you did misplace your final comma, but I'll let it slide. ;)

If it really bothers you that bad I can meet up and discuss it anytime you want.

It really doesn't bother me what you think, but when you make a blanket statement disparaging those who behave differently than you, you'll forgive me if I don't simply roll over and take it.

I'm sure you're a standup guy and I wish you the best here on the ODT. :yo:

Change "should" to "could" and I'd agree 100% :thumb:

I have most of the time affirmed the agreement(sale/swap/trade/price) via PM, then confirm a meeting place and time over the phone or text. Really like hearing the voice of the gent I am meeting with a firearm...just me. All seem to have worked out fine this way. Had a couple of "I'll take its" crawfish and will not give a contact number when the meeting place/time are brought up, I just move on..

Back
Top Bottom