Too Soon? Crime Down 10.6% in Denver Over Last Year Since Pot Legalized

the crime wave during the prohibition era could be attributed to making something that was legal for a very long time suddenly illegal and then trying to enforce it

pot has always been around and has been illegal for a long, long time. the black market solidified itself in many places. i wouldnt equate it to the same exactly. just playing devils advocate here

That makes sense but only proves the incredible failure the "War on Drugs" has been.

pot has always been around and has been illegal for a long, long time.

Marijuana was only made "illegal" in the mid to late 1930's, within the lifetime of some people still here today. I'd hardly call that "a long, long time."

And the reality is that even today, it is not "illegal." It's a matter of taxation and permission.

Marijuana was only made "illegal" in the mid to late 1930's, within the lifetime of some people still here today. I'd hardly call that "a long, long time."

And the reality is that even today, it is not "illegal." It's a matter of taxation and permission.
you are saying that 80 plus years is not a long time? it has been illegal all i can remember. it is illegal otherwise why does the gov throw people in jail over merely possessing it?

we could split hairs here on the specific language and what not but i would consider it to be illegal

you are saying that 80 plus years is not a long time? it has been illegal all i can remember.
Eighty years, compared to current human life, could be considered a long time, yes. But in the span of human history to categorically state that marijuana has been "illegal for a long, long time" is not accurate.

it is illegal otherwise why does the gov throw people in jail over merely possessing it?
Because they were not licensed to posses it. To say that "marijuana is illegal" is also not an accurate statement.

we could split hairs here on the specific language and what not but i would consider it to be illegal
Nothing to split hairs about. Marijuana is not "illegal."

Eighty years, compared to current human life, could be considered a long time, yes. But in the span of human history to categorically state that marijuana has been "illegal for a long, long time" is not accurate.

Because they were not licensed to posses it. To say that "marijuana is illegal" is also not an accurate statement.

Nothing to split hairs about. Marijuana is not "illegal."
well 80 years is alot even when considering that our government isnt even that old by comparison

and i consider something illegal if the average citizen cant get it without "expressed permission" and the result of doing so lands you in jail

type in "define illegal" into google and see what comes up

contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law.

if it is forbidden to the majority of people then it is illegal. i dont see what you are driving at here. i suppose making explosives for instance is illegal unless you work for the gov

and what licensing? it can be legal in a state but still considered to be illegal by the federal gov for instance. interpretation and what not

well 80 years is alot even when considering that our government isnt even that old by comparison
The US government is roughly 250 years old. 80 years is not even half of that...in fact it's not even a third of it. If 32% of people were doing something would you say "a lot" of people were doing something?

and i consider something illegal if the average citizen cant get it without "expressed permission" and the result of doing so lands you in jail
So owning an NFA item is "illegal?"

type in "define illegal" into google and see what comes up
Well, I'm not sure how I can argue with that kind of scholarship... :rolleyes:

if it is forbidden to the majority of people then it is illegal. i dont see what you are driving at here. i suppose making explosives for instance is illegal unless you work for the gov
I'm "driving at" the fact that your definition of "illegal" is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom