• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trees and property lines, what's reasonable?

How about you just get his permission to come on his property so you can clean up the limbs and leaves from your trees that fall in his yard? This shouldn't be about what the laws are. This should be about being a good neighbor.

Replant native trees.

Any large nursery should have a consultant who can guide you an species, although that guidance tends to be for trees they sell. Or you could go full blown expensive and consult with a landscape architect.

Forestry Dept. can advise also.

http://www.eattheweeds.com/sweet-gum-tree/

755DAC85-63E5-46F4-899F-B275A215C2F9.png

I usually just remove overhanging problematic limbs using 20 gage slugs, it gets em where you can't reach and keeps my non Engrish speaking neighbors in line. They don't want to mess with that old cripple, bald guy that shoots guns all the time.

I have large cryptomeria’s planted approx1-2 feet inside my property line
Over the years they have gotten huge. I knew that one day it could be an issue
Fast forward to last week
A tree service was finishing cleaning up at the neighbor to the left. So I asked the tree guy about a large pine in the back yard. As we’re walking back to front the tree guy makes a comment about my cryptomeria’s and my other neighbor, on the right, wanted a price to trim my trees! He said no, not without permission from me.

Long story short

My wife and I trimmed the bottoms just enough for them to walk to their gate.
Let’s just say we don’t get along with them, nor do must if the other neighbors but to avoid a conflict, we took the initiative.
50294E8E-E70F-4750-9D3C-7CE84426EFC5.jpeg

B8F2EF73-B2A6-41BE-AD0B-29E1E834C922.jpeg

He can trim anything encroaching on his property. If the tree has no value to you, give him permission to cut them down. That's being neighborly enough. If the tree falls on his property, limbs leaves etc. It's his tree. Your at fault if there was proof you had knowledge of the tree being diseased. I am seeing a lot of healthy looking trees falling. Drought couple years back weakened root system I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom