• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Trespassers on Private Property

I drive past a road closed sign blocking an entrance to some land.
There is a pair of jeans laid over the top of it. Simple, effective.

Like in sports, follow-through is key.
Get some cameras, extra security measures. They will be back. I figure threats could inspire them.

One visit in years may not be a problem. If it became a problem then would be good to have evidence or a lack of it.
Your right, thats why citizens with cwp oughtta be able to hold a trespasser till cops arrive. If u shoot someone and ur wrong, like if someone is mentally challenged and wanders off. Then its on the shooter. We are reaponsoble for the bullets that leave our guns.

2017-02-26 18.57.31.jpg

I was thinking gate. Electric gate is better. Trail cam is good, but rigging up a set of 6 posts in a perimeter with flash bulbs attached to a motion detector to create the illusion that they have been photographed and a couple of professionally made reflective signs indication that the property is under continuous electronic surveillance, illuminated by a strobe light.

OP, if you own enough land with a 2000 foot long driveway in Alpharetta then you can afford a remote-control operated sliding gate that locks. Just saying.
Who makes the sliding gates ? Im in cherokee now, 2000 ft perimeter with 5 acres. That would cost 2k just for tpost. A strong auto gate would be nice tho for now.

No one has said a word about a fence or a gate to this point.

Even still, I don't know how you can justify shooting someone who may only be lost or is themselves experiencing an emergency and needs help. It's beyond me.

Those signs are worthless as justification. What if the person can't read? What if they see them but they ignore them because they believe they belong there? If they are looking for a friends or families house, the signs are meaningless to them.

I not talking about the OP, I'm simply commenting on your post where you said you would shoot someone simply for driving past some signs.
My right to defend myself and my property you come thru that gate uninvited,its not goin to end well.Im disabled so ill choose however the **** i want to defend myself.

My right to defend myself and my property you come thru that gate uninvited,its not goin to end well.Im disabled so ill choose however the **** i want to defend myself.
God bless you, sir. I hope you are never burdened with the blood of innocent people on your hands and I further pray that if you ever are, that you spend a long time behind bars contemplating the fact.

I probably would have called 911 first, especially that time of morning & that far up a private drive.
It's kind of hard for a private citizen to justify shooting 2 people just for being parked in your driveway.
If they made a threatening gesture or statement, maybe a jury would buy that, but if I'm on that jury I'm going to need to hear more than just "it's my property & I have the right to shoot trespassers"...
Edit: especially if the shooter had posted on the Internet that he felt he had the right to shoot trespassers.

Back
Top Bottom