• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tried to be a Glock owner but just cannot do it.

Hey, don't blame me that you call something by an incorrect term and try to use it for something other than it is intended for.

When I competed in the Pacific Fleet National Match in the 80's, we were instructed to not press the "slide release" button without holding the slide with your hand as the gun would empty the magazine due to the light trigger pull. Let's just call it the slide button.

Minute mark 6:20 "press the slide release".

If you put a light trigger on any Glock, DO NOT carry it for personal protection. If you ever get in a situation to have to use it, you will likely be rattled and you'll shoot your foot off trying to draw it.

20h6qh.jpg

When I competed in the Pacific Fleet National Match in the 80's, we were instructed to not press the "slide release" button without holding the slide with your hand as the gun would empty the magazine due to the light trigger pull. Let's just call it the slide button.

Minute mark 6:20 "press the slide release".

So they use the wrong term too. It is a slide lock. Glocks have a slide release, it is on the frame and it releases the slide from the frame.

Lots of people use the wrong term, primarily because the slide lock is also the slide release on a 1911.

Back
Top Bottom