Truck problems HELP!! GOT IT FIXED

Put it in first, press the clutch in, start it and hold on!
I assume you have the linkage hooked up where it was before.
Also, you could have "racked" or run through the gears before installing it. I wouldn't think that it would be the transmission if it was rebuilt by a shop.

Do you feel the pressure on the clutch pedal about halfway down where it should be?
I'm leaving to go to work, good luck with it.

Last edited:
I spent an hour and a half bleeding brakes on a corvette last weekend. Went through two and half quarts of fluid. Still had spongy brakes. Sometimes air gets trapped and seems almost impossible to get out. Who built the trans?

I'm not sure about 88's but my 92 has a self bleeding slave cylinder. Sounds like the spline didn't line up properly. When i did this to my 92 I had a hard time lining it up

Something is not put together right. The idea of a stuck clutch to pressure plate is probably not realistic. Does the shifter work ok with the engine off?

Jack the front up as far as you can and open the bleeder a little. Let it gravity bleed for and hour or so. Then bleed it again by pumping it. I have had the same problem with these clutches before. This always fixes it.

Something is not put together right. The idea of a stuck clutch to pressure plate is probably not realistic. Does the shifter work ok with the engine off?
Yeah works great and I got pressure on the clutch. We put it in gear last night and dove it and my dad could soft sometimes but other times he couldn't. When he did it was really stiff

Back
Top Bottom