Truck problems HELP!! GOT IT FIXED

Put it in first, press the clutch in, start it and hold on!
I assume you have the linkage hooked up where it was before.
Also, you could have "racked" or run through the gears before installing it. I wouldn't think that it would be the transmission if it was rebuilt by a shop.

Do you feel the pressure on the clutch pedal about halfway down where it should be?
I'm leaving to go to work, good luck with it.

I feel pressure on the clutch and it will come up on it's own accord.

We did start it in gear and it took off however, it difficult to change gears, my dad could get it sometimes but then it stopped shifting. He would gas the engine and press the clutch and it still wouldn't go into gear.

Jack the front up as far as you can and open the bleeder a little. Let it gravity bleed for and hour or so. Then bleed it again by pumping it. I have had the same problem with these clutches before. This always fixes it.

We've bleed the system numerous times and the front was jacked up when we bleed it the first time.

Could be the Throw Out bearing is not on right, or not in the Forks properly.

No, we replaced the throw out bearing when we dropped it the first time to replace the clutch and pressure plate, the thing and its brand new.

I haven't worked on this particular truck. Does it have a threaded rod with a double nut between the slave cylinder and the fork? Or an adjustment in that location? Have you tried to adjust it so that the fork is pushed as far as it can be without moving the pressure plate?

Does the fork travel seem sufficient when you depress the clutch? It is a simple set up and either the hydraulics are good and you need a mechanical adjustment or hydraulics aren't right.

I haven't worked on this particular truck. Does it have a threaded rod with a double nut between the slave cylinder and the fork? Or an adjustment in that location? Have you tried to adjust it so that the fork is pushed as far as it can be without moving the pressure plate?

Does the fork travel seem sufficient when you depress the clutch? It is a simple set up and either the hydraulics are good and you need a mechanical adjustment or hydraulics aren't right.

You can see the travel when you press the clutch and it looks to be moving pretty far.

Not that I can help diagnose the problem, but when it comes to bleeding clutch slave cylinders, it takes a LONG time ('90 1500), even with a handheld powerbleeder. It took me about 5+ hours in a 3 day time span to get it right (I am not a mechanic, so there is probably a faster way). I was told by several mechanics that you have to bleed the bejeezuz out of it. Also saw some youtube videos on it which helped out.

Not that I can help diagnose the problem, but when it comes to bleeding clutch slave cylinders, it takes a LONG time ('90 1500), even with a handheld powerbleeder. It took me about 5+ hours in a 3 day time span to get it right (I am not a mechanic, so there is probably a faster way). I was told by several mechanics that you have to bleed the bejeezuz out of it. Also saw some youtube videos on it which helped out.
I thought of taking it to a local guy and getting him to do it to save me some time

Back
Top Bottom