Tundra or F150? Need opinions....from those that actually own them

Tundra or F150?

• Tundra 4X4 TRD Crew Cab 5.7L V8 FFV

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • F-150 4X4 FX4 XLT SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost V6

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
I agree with nearly all of this.
My biggest complaint about the Tundra would be no under rear seat storage. They make a kit to add 3 trays, but you have to cut the floor insulation and carpet. Other than that, I have no gripes about it.

Wallace's Wallace's - my 2012 Tundra came with an installed rear underseat storage kit, and the driver's (2/3) side is perfect for a Scorpion EVO in a bag, as shown. Not sure if this same option is currently available on new models.

truck_evo.jpg

Ford is having way too many problems out of the eco boost trucks. Go with the tundra youll have a lifetime truck if you want it to be.

Ford is having way too many problems out of the eco boost trucks. Go with the tundra youll have a lifetime truck if you want it to be.

Most people having to install a catch can on both turbos and drill a weep hole in the intercooler to let the water and oil blow out
And lots of problems with the timing chain

I've had my tundra 7 months and have racked up 15k so far. She rides great and I don't miss my f350 a bit. Most I've towed is 6k (trailer and jeep Comanche) for 150 miles, the tundra pulled just as well as my diesel f350.... maybe a little smoother with the 6 speed. Cruise control on, 65mph on hwy 41 and 75mph on i75. I didn't track mileage with towing but I would guess it to be around 10mpg.

Around town is 13mpg with spirited driving, fiberglass top and at least 500lbs in the bed at all times.

My dad's 2009 gmc 1500 needed an engine at 150k. He drove it to the Toyota dealership and traded it in on a 2018 sr5.... he's driven nothing but gm for the past 20 years and is loving the tundra.

Had my F250 9 months now and I'm at 99,000. :/

I sold Toyota's when I worked at Cobb County Toyota. They have awesome torque for sure.
We had several that came back for frame "rot", the under coating had been applied to thin in some areas. The Tacoma's had a cam issues (breaking) and a recall that did not allow us to sell them until complete. The Camry's had oil consumption issues, but the Prius and corollas were really good. Google any make and model and you will find something wrong.

I still own a 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4. Right at 160k miles I keep at the farm, it just killed me on fuel consumption for commuting. I've also have a 1997 Dodge with a Cummins diesel, I'll be glad to hook up with you with that one...lol
The Ford works for me as I like to drive trucks, have a long commute and as I get older a much better ride than the Toyota.

If it breaks down, I keep this in the back.
20170518_174951.jpg

I bought a used 2012 F-150 FX4, 5.0 L with 175K on it last year. It now has 210K miles on it and it still runs great. I did have to replace the shocks and some other minor maintenance when i bought it. Fuel mileage is about 14 in the city & 18 hwy. The ride on is VG on the highway. I don't know much about the turbo's. I'm sure the mainttence on the V8 is better.

I like all of the Toyota trucks ive ridden in but I've never owned one.

I'm sure both are good trucks. Personally, I would MUCH rather have a V8 than a turbo anything...Well maybe a turbo V8 but that would be a weekend car.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom