• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UGA vs. Florida

If I see them call the wildcat one more ****ing time, I am going to lose my mind.

Ive been saying that since the Miami game. I hate that formation more than anything! And the fact that they keep calling run plays between the tackles instead of getting out on the edges where they can use their speed and not strength.

Special teams is the key.

Ain't that the truth! Georgia has made a point of having at least one bonehead special teams blunder each game. The only question is punt block, muffed fg, kickoff return TD, maybe give Florida a fake punt that goes 60 yds for a TD.....the possibilities are limitless.

I wonder how many targeting calls we'll see today too. That hurt GA and FL a few weeks ago vs. Vandy and Missouri.

In other news GO DAWGS! This, Auburn, and Tech are the possible consolation for an otherwise mediocre season

We are never going to live down last years SEC championship. I say this more so being that every game this season the announcers have brought it up.

I totally understand that. But several factors other than statistics play key roles in this one. This is a long standing rivalry where anything can and will happen. Florida's offense is lacking and hopefully will make a few turnovers today. If UGA can get Florida to make a few turnovers to create the momentum they need, Aaron Murray with his passing game, even lacking the better receivers, and with Gurley's power running, I don't think Florida will stop them. If UGA does not have ANY turnovers, I think we stand a good chance to pull this one out.

Stop blaming the coaches. Sure they make horrible play calls from time to time, but they all do. If the talent on the field is not there, it's just not there. It's so easy to place blame on the coaches when a team looses. I don't think there is a coach in the country who can coach freshmen players into All American status overnight.

Go Dawgs!

How can you not blame the coaches?

1) In the past decade, UGA has been in the top 10 schools for recruiting each and every year.
2) UGA is in the Top 3 colleges that have put the most players in the NFL.

So they're recruiting top athletes and those guys are going on to the NFL. In the meantime, they are playing mediocre ball at UGA. I'm sorry, but even Stevie Wonder can see that that boils down to coaching. Hell, even former defensive players have stated that the defensive scheme that Grantham is trying to run is too complicated, that in the NFL, it's actually easier to play defense. You can look on the field during most plays and the defensive unit is scrambling around, trying to get into position because the plays are overly complex. That is a coaching issue, plain and simple.

And don't act like it's because of freshman players. UGA has had some beasts come through the program and Richt & Co. haven't done squat with them. Explain to me how Alabama, Auburn, UT, LSU and Florida ALL have National Championships during the BCS era, often times with less talent than UGA has had....and yet UGA can't eek out even one? It boils down to mediocre coaches.

Back
Top Bottom