• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UGA vs. Florida

UGA's defense gives up a big play against one of the worst offenses in the country. Luckily Florida's special teams are as bad as ours and they came out with zilch.

How can you not blame the coaches?

1) In the past decade, UGA has been in the top 10 schools for recruiting each and every year.
2) UGA is in the Top 3 colleges that have put the most players in the NFL.

So they're recruiting top athletes and those guys are going on to the NFL. In the meantime, they are playing mediocre ball at UGA. I'm sorry, but even Stevie Wonder can see that that boils down to coaching. Hell, even former defensive players have stated that the defensive scheme that Grantham is trying to run is too complicated, that in the NFL, it's actually easier to play defense. You can look on the field during most plays and the defensive unit is scrambling around, trying to get into position because the plays are overly complex. That is a coaching issue, plain and simple.

And don't act like it's because of freshman players. UGA has had some beasts come through the program and Richt & Co. haven't done squat with them. Explain to me how Alabama, Auburn, UT, LSU and Florida ALL have National Championships during the BCS era, often times with less talent than UGA has had....and yet UGA can't eek out even one? It boils down to mediocre coaches.

In my 50 years I have yet to see any coach score any points in a football game. I guess you and I have a completely different outlook of the game of football. I can respect that. I see it from a players point of view who loves the game win or loose.

Go Dawgs!

In my 50 years I have yet to see any coach score any points in a football game. I guess you and I have a completely different outlook of the game of football. I can respect that. I see it from a players point of view who loves the game win or loose.

Go Dawgs!

Coaching is about motivation as much as anything else. When you suck in the Red Zone that is a lack of urgency and play calling. Coaches are responsible for both.

Amazed how I lived so long watching them dawgs. My nerves are shot, blood pressure about to explode, and completely wired. I think Gurley simply gave out about the same time Fla gained momentum. What a UGLY game. The Refs deserve a bonus after that one.

Go Dawgs.

Ive been saying that since the Miami game. I hate that formation more than anything! And the fact that they keep calling run plays between the tackles instead of getting out on the edges where they can use their speed and not strength.

I agree with you. Made a game of it running outside. Just glad Fla QB played most of game handing off and trying to pass the ball. Once he started running Fla made a game of it.
Good game but ugly.

Back
Top Bottom