• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unknowingly traded a stolen firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why you answer the LEO question when pulled over for speeding. "Do you have a weapon in the car?" with. "I have nothing illegal" or " I am not going to answer that question."

Because if you say "No" and you do have a weapon in the car you will be lawfully arrested for not telling the truth...............Nonsense.

Last edited:
So you think this applies to someone not under oath? Please feel free to enlighten me with one...........ONE...........example of anyone going to jail for lying to State or Local law enforcement without being under oath. Or maybe you can provide an example of someone who commiitted a crime, lies about it during the course of an investigation, is arrested for the crime in question AND additionally is charged under this statute for lying.

Good luck in your search and I hope and pray you are not actually a sworn holder of the Public Trust, on the street or in the Courthouse enforcing the laws of this state.[/QUOTE
I don't need to search, you do, I know the answer.
Tell you what, why don't you call your local DA's office and ask them, if you lie to a law enforcement officer conducting an investigation, can you be charge with giving false information.

So you think this applies to someone not under oath? Please feel free to enlighten me with one...........ONE...........example of anyone going to jail for lying to State or Local law enforcement without being under oath. Or maybe you can provide an example of someone who commiitted a crime, lies about it during the course of an investigation, is arrested for the crime in question AND additionally is charged under this statute for lying.

Good luck in your search and I hope and pray you are not actually a sworn holder of the Public Trust, on the street or in the Courthouse enforcing the laws of this state.[/QUOTE
Tell you what, why don't you call your local DA's office and ask them, if you lie to a law enforcement officer conducting an investigation, can you be charge with giving false information.

word

That and impeding an investigation/hindering prosecution....they damned sure WILL charge you. Just because it is another charge to add to whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom