• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

Well, I just pulled the trigger on 6 'free' form 1s through Silencer shop. They have my pic and fingerprints already so it saved me from having to deal with EFTs and such. They also review it for accuracy, and some of it goes to the FRAC lawsuit. Worth the $50 to use their system IMHO.

These were all guns I was planning to SBR at some point, but since they were 'almost as good' with a brace I never got around to it.

I just don't have any faith that any of the current lawsuits will get an injunction in time to make this rule a moot point. It may be wasted time (minimal) and money ($300) if that does happen, but the clock is winding down pretty quickly.

If you want to go the SS route they are doing the 'free' Form 1 through May 17th.

Well, I just pulled the trigger on 6 'free' form 1s through Silencer shop. They have my pic and fingerprints already so it saved me from having to deal with EFTs and such. They also review it for accuracy, and some of it goes to the FRAC lawsuit. Worth the $50 to use their system IMHO.

These were all guns I was planning to SBR at some point, but since they were 'almost as good' with a brace I never got around to it.

I just don't have any faith that any of the current lawsuits will get an injunction in time to make this rule a moot point. It may be wasted time (minimal) and money ($300) if that does happen, but the clock is winding down pretty quickly.

If you want to go the SS route they are doing the 'free' Form 1 through May 17th.
I was looking at this. You need proof of purchase before January 23rd. The pistol I was going to SBR I bought on here 5 years ago. Is there a way around the date of purchase?

I was looking at this. You need proof of purchase before January 23rd. The pistol I was going to SBR I bought on here 5 years ago. Is there a way around the date of purchase?
Where are people getting this “proof of purchase” thing from. Nowhere in the ruling does it say anything about that. The only thing relative to that is that if you wanted to put them on a trust that you need a notarized list of the items PRIOR to the date of ruling.

Where are people getting this “proof of purchase” thing from. Nowhere in the ruling does it say anything about that. The only thing relative to that is that if you wanted to put them on a trust that you need a notarized list of the items PRIOR to the date of ruling.
It says to put on a trust have to have “proof of purchase”. If I’m reading that wrong please educate me. I would like to SBR my pistol, but according to what I’m reading I have to have proof of purchase.

It says to put on a trust have to have “proof of purchase”. If I’m reading that wrong please educate me. I would like to SBR my pistol, but according to what I’m reading I have to have proof of purchase.
Trust is a different thing. You need to have notarized proof that it was in your trust before the ruling went live. Otherwise you have to do it as an individual Form 1.

No problem.

You can put them into a trust later on if you want to pay the $200 and get them engraved. Probably not worth it though.

Back
Top Bottom