• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Update: farm truck rescue one year later

Update: 1 year later and 15,000 miles later, she is still running great. I hooked her behind my motorhome and used her as my ride back and to from work while I am working out of state. So far, I have been to Missouri, Michigan, North Carolina and I even drove her to Pennsylvania and back.
When I am home, I have used her as an all purpose vehicle. I have towed trailers and boats without any hickups. I now have my motorhome up for sale because I bought a 5th wheel camper and a diesel dually. I had thought about selling her with it as a package, but I have decided to just keep her.
Here are a few pictures of her. One picture is an RV park in the Michigan snow. One shows her hooked behind my motorhome in North Carolina in route to Missouri and the other shows my 24ft pontoon hooked to her in route to the lake.

trucksnow.jpg
damontruck01.jpg
pontoontruck.jpg

Last edited:
I like taking things that are older yet not worn out and making them very useable again. Recently I ran across a 1999 Silverado 4x4 for sale that had spent it's life on a farm. It was dented and dinged, the seats were filthy and smelled of cow turds. With having only 120,000 miles on the 4.8 engine and drive train, mechanically it runs and drives good but needed a few things to be better. I bought it for a decent price and went to work on it. I replaced the shocks, tie rod ends, pitman arm, idler arms and had a front end alignment performed. It drives and rides straight and true once again. I changed the seats with holes out with a set of good ones from a wrecked truck. (No more cow pasture smell). I changed the in cab air filters that were clogged. I bought some used wheels and tires and a used toolbox. Next is a complete tune up and replace both front wheel bearing and rotors. I still want to do a few other things to it as well to spruce it up, but all in all I am content with the way it is now. I would drive across country tomorrow if I need to. The best part is the fact that I can flat tow it behind my motorhome when I travel for work. The 4x4 selector switch HAS a neutral position.

Before:

View attachment 331811

View attachment 331812

After:

View attachment 331813

View attachment 331814
i remember that truck here on the trader...always good use for a truck..turned out well..chevys are great trucks low maintenance....with hwy use..I beat one one daily 13, 2500 Hd gas 6.0

Back
Top Bottom